#22 Busa

Busa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:39 PM

If I may also chime in...

Mrs DJ,

I've now been on this journey going on six years, during that time I have had zero energy, I am soooo lethargic it is unbelievable, all I want to do is sit in my chair and watch life go by.  I have had to have my cervical spine rebuilt, had to have surgery on my... well, backside.  I have gone blind in one eye, lost the use of my left arm, watched my weight balloon, loss my job, etc.  I have turned into a troll. I expect to come home someday and find my house to have been turned into a bridge where I will reside underneath. So in short I am a jobless, short, fat, bald, half blind, handicapped, leach on society babe magnet.

All of this said, life is a joy!  Thanks to the man upstairs I am still here having birthdays and having the ability to "talk" to wonderful folks such as yourself.  Enjoy the day!

PS: I'm married so none of you ladies get ideas :)

#23 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:45 PM

If I may also chime in...

Mrs DJ,

I've now been on this journey going on six years, during that time I have had zero energy, I am soooo lethargic it is unbelievable, all I want to do is sit in my chair and watch life go by.  I have had to have my cervical spine rebuilt, had to have surgery on my... well, backside.  I have gone blind in one eye, lost the use of my left arm, watched my weight balloon, etc.  I have turned into a troll. I expect to come home someday and find my house to have been turned into a bridge where I will reside underneath. So in short I am a short, fat, bald, half blind, handicapped babe magnet.

All of this said, life is a joy!  Thanks to the man upstairs I am still here having birthdays and having the ability to "talk" to wonderful folks such as yourself.  Enjoy the day!

PS: I'm married so none of you ladies get ideas :)

Ah Shucks!

#24 ------

------

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

Well kudos to you Busa.  God is good.  Good thing you warned me about your wife I was thinking about asking for your number half way through your post.  ;)

#25 ------

------

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

That's a good way to look at it.

#26 Busa

Busa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, I still got it...

:D

And always remember carp denis, carpus dennim, fish sandwhich, carpe diem... fish for the day or something like that :)

#27 ------

------

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

Haha I know you do!   B)

#28 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:10 PM

1) exercise

2) relaxation/meditation

3) prozac

Repeat after me:

Take the meds, live your life

And when I first got my dx (and from time to time since) I just go in front of the mirror and tell myself:

The drugs are working, the cancer is dying, I will live to see a cure

What he said :)

Oh, but instead of prozac, i find my comfort in moderate amounts of red wine.

#29 ------

------

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

Hmmmm... :)

#30 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:41 PM

Define "moderate", TeddyB.

Cheers!

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#31 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:42 PM

AL, You saw the size of his glass!  Did you get your pipes fixed yet I hope they didn't have to tear up your floor.How do they get down there to fix them. I'm on a cement slab so I have pipes in the crawl space, wonder what's worse. Moles?

#32 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

Looking for one of those bottomless glasses, myself.  I drink red wine for the amazing health benefits, of course.

Pipes are still leaking - just got the estimate:  $2400.  To fix, they attach the new line to the old leaky line & pull it through with a backhoe.  They did it for us 20-odd years ago, and I hope it works just as well this time.

Moles are harmless.  In fact, they eat grubs, and they help aerate your lawn, so we like them.  Well, "we" as in wildlife aficionados. Hubby hates 'em.

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#33 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

Looking for one of those bottomless glasses, myself.  I drink red wine for the amazing health benefits, of course.

Pipes are still leaking - just got the estimate:  $2400.  To fix, they attach the new line to the old leaky line & pull it through with a backhoe.  They did it for us 20-odd years ago, and I hope it works just as well this time.

Moles are harmless.  In fact, they eat grubs, and they help aerate your lawn, so we like them.  Well, "we" as in wildlife aficionados. Hubby hates 'em.

AL, $2400.00 ouch    I agree with your hubby. If I want to aerate my lawn I'll walk on it with golf shoes on.

#34 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:40 AM

Define "moderate", TeddyB.

Cheers

It varies a bit, but maybe 3-4 glasses during a week, some weeks a bit (a lot) more and some weeks a bit less :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users