3 replies to this topic

#1 Kittywatkins

Kittywatkins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:49 PM

Today was a hard day. I'm on sprycel 100mg again and I just can't take the total exhaustion. Now around 11am I get so tired that my body breaks down. Today my knees were so achy and I was short of breath most of the day. I've been cold all day as well. Ugh! Just venting

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:10 PM

It can take time for the body to adjust to Sprycel.  Maybe you can work through this, but it could take a while. 

Also, 100mg is a lot of drug.  70mg may be a better dosage.  Ask the Onc.

#3 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:54 AM

Hi Kitty,

I'm on a low dose of sprycel and I get so tired, I started out on 100mg and I remember the fatigue it got much better after a couple months, I take blood pressure meds now so I think that is my problem. It's really frustrating waiting for our bodies to adjust to these meds and in the long run it's well worth it. Like Trey said a lower dose may help and the oncs are much more willing to lower our doses than they were a few years ago.  Good Luck   Billie

#4 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:02 AM

kitty,

I had the same side effects. They started after 45 days and lasted 3-4 months and one day I woke up and felt better. I really never looked back with those side effects.

After the pleural effusion at 2.5 years my dose was lowered to 50mg and I did just as well. It took a little longer to get back to MMR but it happened. 

Trey might be right, ask for dose reduction and watch your tests closely and see what happens. I remember how truly awful I felt and I would never want to feel that way again!

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users