#1 Jamie2015

Jamie2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

At first it was the headaches which have now gone away for the most part. The past 4 days I've taken my meds and a hour later my stomach cramps up, and the nausea hits full force. Anyone else experience something like this while taking Sprycel? The nausea generally goes away after 12 (I take my pill at 8:30 am) :/ I would take the headaches over this.

#2 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

I had a good dose of nausea and stomach cramping for a while. I started taking pill in the evening after dinner. It helped somewhat. All of my symptoms settled down after a while but never completely went away. Milder and manageable, but still annoying.

#3 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

Hi Jamie,

Sprycel is notorius for giving you gas. I remembered getting cramped and nauseated. I still do once in a great while. Having a regular bm is important too. I haven't found anything for the very fragrant killer gas. The best advice I can give you is always have a dog with you and avoid elevators. The gas is silent but deadly if you're with a group of people just wrinkle up your nose and look around you (like who did that)!               It will get better just like the headaches did.  Billie

Also I have found that if I take my pill at a different time than I normally do I get nauseated. I take mine at 4:00 PM

#4 mlk210

mlk210

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:06 PM

Thank you for the confirmation the gas is the Sprycel, Billie. The gas just started about three weeks ago and seriously, I have never had it like this. It seems to last about six hours after I take the pill. In all my 38 years I've never produced gas so potent. Sorry for too much information, but it wasn't an initial side effect that i had so I didn't know if it was something I was eating or the meds. I hope it gets better with time!

I haven't had the nausea and cramping yet.

7/2014 Diagnosed,8/14 Started 100mg Sprycel, 9/14 Thyroidectomy (thyroid cancer)

8/2015 Undetectable, 12/15 Plural Effusion (3 wk drug break)

1/2016 Started 70mg Sprycel, 3/16 Plural Effusion (4 wk drug break)

3/16 .014 after a wk w/o meds

4/16 Started 400mg Gleevec

4/16 Undetectable, 7/16 Undetectable, 10/16 Undetectable, 2/17 Undetectable, 5/17 Undetectable, 8/17 Undetectable

#5 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:08 PM

Thank you for the confirmation the gas is the Sprycel, Billie. The gas just started about three weeks ago and seriously, I have never had it like this. It seems to last about six hours after I take the pill. In all my 38 years I've never produced gas so potent. Sorry for too much information, but it wasn't an initial side effect that i had so I didn't know if it was something I was eating or the meds. I hope it gets better with time!

I haven't had the nausea and cramping yet.

Pretty woofy isn't it.

#6 ricodence

ricodence

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

:D Good I am not the only one with gas..  I find drinking enough water helps with going to the bathroom. I also jucie.  I do a beet, carrots, and apples in a jucier. This helps with going to the bathroom and seems to help a little with gas..  dont get alarmed when you go number 2.  The tolit is a red from the beets..

#7 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

mlk,

It will ease up, but in my experience it will never go completly away. Sorry

#8 Kittywatkins

Kittywatkins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

I've been on sprycel 100 since may of 2012 and still get those horrible smelly stinky gas. As a matter of fact, it's gotten worse lately. And yes I get the cramps as well. I went on a two month break for my sanity and as soon as I went back on it it got worse and now I'm extremely constipated one week then I get diarrhea fir one day and then back to constipation. I take my pill at bedtime but I'm going to switch at 7pm and see if I can get a goodnight rest without bombing my bedroom.

#9 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:43 AM

The green cloud hampers the sleeping process

#10 dede5

dede5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

I'm so envious of those who have diarrhea. I rarely even get urges anymore. Have no idea where it even goes, in the 4 years I've been on Sprycel 100. Seriously, though, I don't really know which would be worse. Definitely gonna try juicing.

Dx: 01 March 2011

Sprycel 100 mg per day since dx 

MMR: July 2013

numerous side effects 

Thankful for the gift of each new day, and try to live it to the fullest  :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users