32 replies to this topic

#21 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:33 PM

Wow look at that view! This must be your dream home!

Actually, that is the less impressive view of the mountains. . .here is the western view:

Attached Files

#22 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:35 AM

Hi Marnie,

OMG what a wonderful place to build a retirement home, that view is amazing I hope you're putting in big windows, retired,don't have to be anywhere, let it snow WOW if I had a view like that I probably wouldn't hate the snow so much. Here in the flatlands the only view I have is the neighbors driveways. I have a lot of big windows but nothing to look at. Well that's not quite true we have deer and squirrels ducks turkeys geese skunks racoons last year there was a coyote in the neighbohood and an endless supply of MOLES! I might have to come to your housewarming party. I'm so happy for you and Tom you've earned it. Nobody could pay me enough to teach math to middle school students.

Oh I forgot about the occasional horses, oh I miss the nice weather. A few years back the Amish were working on a house down by the lake and their horse got loose and took off it ran about 3 miles before they caught him. We came home and our yard had these huge hoofprints the size of dinner plates, it damaged a lot of yards and crossed two highways luckily it didn't get hurt I always miss all the action! Those Clydsdails???( horses) are big boys.

Have you had your thyroid checked, I'm pretty upset right now because all this time 2&1/2 years I have been telling the doctors that there is something wrong with Ron besides polycythemia and depression I kept telling them something else is going on nobody would listen to me well lo and behold they're checking his thyroid on a regular basis now but first appt. with gp after rehab he said they may never know what happened to him, I looked up hyperthyroidsm last night and it described All of Rons symptoms exactly from day one everything that has happened to him is listed as what can happen if it goes untreated. I also read that people are often misdiagnosed with manic-depression biPolar scitzofrenia I can't spell that so they are treated with lithium and other strong mental health drugs and they don't get better because they need a thyroid med. His next appt with gp is in 2 weeks I hope I don't punch his lights out. He didn't try hard enough to find out what was wrong with him, He is back to his old self happy go lucky joking around doing more than he should right now, But being untreated so long he now has heart and lung problems. So please look into that and your hormone levels too are you seeing a cardiologist, please do. I'm sure you're fine but the process of elimination can't hurt. I was getting tias for 5 months when I was 44, opthomologist said take vitamins neuroligist said nothing was wrong psychiatrist said he had a funny feeling about it I had a spell in his office he ordered an arteriogram to be done right away I had a 99% blockage in my carotid artery. They said it was a miracle I didn't have a stroke so I had to get roto-rootered right away. I've always had crazy things happen to me so persue it until you're satisfied. Excuse the spelling bad headache today, I cannot spell anymore (brain fog).

bILLIE

#23 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:45 AM

Skipping beats, very erratic, racing heart rate, pounding so hard at night it feels like it's going to explode.  Very uncomfortable. 

Easy diagnosis.  You're in love!

#24 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:18 AM

Oh, Marnie, that is an absolutely gorgeous view! Please keep us updated.

Hey everyone - house warming party at Marnie's in, say, 10 - 12 months!   :D

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#25 Gail's

Gail's

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:34 PM

Teddy B, that's how I got down to one cup of coffee a day. Cup just got bigger and bigger! :-)
Diagnosed 1/15/15
FISH 92%
BMB 9:22 translocation
1/19/15 began 400 mg gleevec
1/22/15 bcr 37.2 IS
2/6/15 bcr 12.5 IS
3/26/15 bcr 10.3 IS
6/29/15 bcr 7.5 IS
9/24/15 bcr 0.8 IS
1/4/16 bcr 0.3 IS
Started 100 mg dasatinib, mutation analysis negative
4/20/16 bcr 0.03 IS
8/8/16 bcr 0.007 IS
12/6/16 bcr 0.002 IS
Lowered dasatinib to 70 mg
4/10/17 bcr 0.001 IS
Lowered dasatinib to 50 mg
7/5/17 bcr 0.004 IS
8/10/17 bcr 0.001. Stopped TKI in prep for September surgery.
9/10/17 bcr 0.006
10/10/17 bcr 0.088

#26 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:52 PM

Y'all are invited.  I just need to get a set of those wine glasses, and I'm set for a party!

#27 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:41 PM

PhilB - Excellent diagnosis!  I agree....

Billie - Have you ever looked closely at a mole?  There are adorable!  Really....

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#28 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

Marnie,

Did that guy in the first picture survive the attack of the scorpion machine?

#29 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:21 PM

Just be glad I didn't post the picture of the guy next to the cement truck with the bad case of plumber's butt.

#30 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:27 PM

Hmmm. . .never thought of that!  I didn't remember it being so uncomfortable. . .   

#31 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:18 AM

AL, there ain't nothing adorable about a mole especially when he's in your house. I put some mole traps out all they collect is dust.

#32 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:56 AM

Oh, I don't know, little beady, squinty eyes, long nose and whiskers, big paddles with long claws for front paws. Didn't you ever read "Wind in the Willows", Billie? Come on, they're adorable.

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#33 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:24 AM

Oh, I don't know, little beady, squinty eyes, long nose and whiskers, big paddles with long claws for front paws. Didn't you ever read "Wind in the Willows", Billie? Come one, they're adorable.

Thanks Pat, I'll sleep real good now!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users