Photo

TKI Drug - Sprycel Side Affects - Soreness?

sprycel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cwad20

cwad20

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationDavenport, IA

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

I've been on sprycel for 3 months now.  Didn't really have any noticeable side affects from it other than an unusual amount of acne.  

However, starting about a week ago I've had a lot of soreness and weakness in my legs and knees, as well as in my lower back.  I've always had lower back pains, so figure that is not probably related to sprycel, however the soreness and weakness in my knees and legs is unusual.  I do play some hockey, and don't know if I maybe just pushed it too far trying to play, but I'm going on about 2 weeks straight now of this pain. 

Has anyone else experience soreness and weakness in knees or legs from a TKI drug or specifically from sprycel?

Thanks 

#2 August1

August1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

Hi, yes I have been on Sprycel for over a year and I have soreness and muscle/joint fatigue that seems to come and go. I think it's more prevalent early in treatment but I still encounter it pretty commonly. Two weeks seems like a pretty long time but I think it's important to find the right balance between the amount of exercise you're doing and allowing for recovery time. For me it's all part of the new normal and I hope that it should eventually subside for you. 

#3 mlk210

mlk210

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:24 PM

I've been on Sprycel for 6 months and I too have soreness in my knee area occasionally. For me it seems to happen when I'm in one position for a long part of the day. When I'm at my computer all day or sitting for a long dinner with friends/family. I've never had a problem with my knees until after I started on Sprycel. Some days I'll bend down to grab a toy from the floor and it hurts the whole way down and back up. Have you taken Aleve for it? Maybe it's some inflammation.

I'm with Bill, I've just accepted it as my new normal. Side Effects seem to cycle like a lot of people have posted on here.

7/2014 Diagnosed,8/14 Started 100mg Sprycel, 9/14 Thyroidectomy (thyroid cancer)

8/2015 Undetectable, 12/15 Plural Effusion (3 wk drug break)

1/2016 Started 70mg Sprycel, 3/16 Plural Effusion (4 wk drug break)

3/16 .014 after a wk w/o meds

4/16 Started 400mg Gleevec

4/16 Undetectable, 7/16 Undetectable, 10/16 Undetectable, 2/17 Undetectable, 5/17 Undetectable, 8/17 Undetectable

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users