• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mschmidli

Mschmidli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:47 PM

I have been on gleevec for 22 months. Never had elevated liver enzymes. Had blood work done for oncologist 2 weeks ago all counts were normal. Had to go to ER today with pretty intense abdominal pain from gastritis. Wbc at ER was 12 which is usually 4 or 5. Bilirubin was 1.26 ast 111 alt 73 alk phosphatase 270. Could this be from the pain and gastritis? Really worried. All they would say is follow up with PCP this week and said it could be due to gleevec.

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:52 PM

Although it could be the drugs causing liver inflammation, the supposed gastritis may have been inflammation of the gall bladder.  You should have an ultrasound to check for gallstones.  Eat a banana and peanut butter (high fat) and see if you double over in pain.

http://www.consultan...what-do-patient

#3 Mschmidli

Mschmidli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

Sorry I should have mentioned my gallbladder was removed about 15 years ago. My pcra for the last year have all been under 1% including the last one a couple weeks ago. Just had a bone marrow biopsy in January too they said cccyr and that everything looked fine. In the ER my neutrophils were high 83 and lymphocytes were low 8. Hoping its was all just from the pain I had inflammation. Is that possible?

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:58 PM

I assume percentages:

NEU: 83%

LYM: 8%

Are you sure?  That implies a serious infection.  Are you on antibiotics?

#5 Mschmidli

Mschmidli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:36 AM

No they didn't give me any antibiotics. They didn't seem too concerned about the wbc but wanted to make sure I followed up with the liver results. I had no fever or anything. I do have a lot of aches is my arms and legs today could i be coming down with the flu? I will be calling my dr first thing in the morning to have the labs done again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users