#1 xGunner

xGunner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDes Moines

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:49 AM

Time for my annual check-in.

Why is it that the last few days my butt has been dragging and I feel like I would just love to lay down and take a nap. Yet, when I get home, I find myself wide awake and not tired?

I think I have started to correlate the fatigue and brain fade to the number of hours worked and 'stress' level. The last few weeks I have added some activities to my lab at school, such that I am putting in a few 12 hour or more days.

Mind you, I love what I am doing. I am working with some great students, I have new facilities, the job is good. Just that the hours and demands did this little step increase.

The last few days, my butt is dragging. I ramble when I lecture. I can't remember some of the committments that I made and questions from students. I think I am learning that my brain will only tolerate X number of hours of 'go' time. I make notes, and then forget where I made the notes...

Time to head for bed. I still have some Crown left, but I am out of mix. And while my brain may be impared, I still remember that when you run out of mix the solution is not to just drink straight from the bottle.

First co-pay on the meds was $5300. $400 to go. Thank you mega corp for increasing the co-pays $700 this year.

When first diagnosed, I remember reading (old article) that I only had a 20% chance of surviving 6 years. It is now 6 years...

#2 klf2013

klf2013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

Hi Gunner, it is nice to meet you!

Before my diagnosis, I was trying to find a nurse faculty position. I had started my PhD program thinking that would help my chances. Then I was diagnosed with CML. I took a break, and had planned to continue on when I was feeling better. Fast forward a year to now. I taught a clinical session last fall. I could tell the brain fog really affects my ability to comminicate information in an instructor manner. I have trouble word searching and my memory stinks.  IT wasn't until I got on this site, that I realized this was a real "thing". Being a nurse faculty was always my goal and I have been struggling with the fact that I don't think I can do it anymore.  Reading your post actually helped me. And MR. Tee topped it off.  SO, I am enjoying the ride now... :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users