4 replies to this topic

#1 Lucas

Lucas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

well, my last pcr test was 0.04% after a 6% result in august (i changed drugs after that). that's a really nice decline, but now i'm worrying about one thing: my sample was taken in january/05 but in the test the date of the sample is january/08 (the same day they said they received the sample). i had one problem with another lab sometime ago (the result was much lower and then i had a test from another lab one month later and it was 1 log higher, than i retest in this same lab and the result was declining, etc. etc.). is it retest a good thing to do or i'm just overeacted? thanks in advance 

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:44 AM

Jan 5 was a Thursday.  I have often said about PCR blood draws: "Never on Friday, and also avoid Thursday".  Your sample sat in the mail over the weekend so it needs to be done over. 

#3 Lucas

Lucas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:02 PM

hi, trey, actually, january/5 was a monday (february/05 - today - is thursday) :)

p.s. i talked to my lab and they told me that they received the sample on 08 january. have to retest. it was too good to be true :(

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

OK.  Important point is 3 days is too long.  Sample would be degraded.

#5 Lucas

Lucas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:43 PM

that's what i think, trey. too good to be true. MMR in only 3 months after fail gleevec seems to fast. i know i'm in a good place - CCyR, so i must be under 1% - i just want to know where i am to follow the trend. that's the second time i have problems with this center. and problem is always the shipping. cheers. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users