Photo

Is the grass any greener in the warmer climates?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:05 PM

....and the moose will bellow as you motor so mellow while you make your way toward that moment in May when your time is up for teachings these pups so that you can "ride bitch" through the muddy deep ditch on the road less traveled by those who unraveled along the way while you just said "hey" what the #@*& with that ugly old truck that just missed my a$$ while trying to pass my bimmer so blue as I motored to school delayed a bit mo by a bunch of a$$hos.....

Do I get my "warning point" now????

I think I read that in a Dr. Seuss book somewhere. . .

#22 klf2013

klf2013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:31 AM

THis group is awesome!!! I always find a laugh! Trey....if I had to figure out what you look like, I would say it would involve plaid golf shorts with a collared polo and a tweed blazer with elbow patches...smoking a pipe....am I close?

#23 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

Marnie:

Close -- Dr Seuss and I both use anapestic tetrameter to convey deep thoughts.....or deep something.  Besides, he's a doctor.

Klf:

Too Scottish.  I look more like the Cat in the Hat.

#24 klf2013

klf2013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

That was my second option!

Cat in the hat with a golf club....not a bat. See, I can do it too....rhyme just like you. :rolleyes:

#25 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

Don't say the word "bat" when I'm around. . . it brings back memories of the bat that got tangled in my hair.  In the tent.  On the canoe trip.  After the midnight sand storm.

Yep. . .definitely time for yet another adventure.  Is summer vacation here yet?

#26 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

A bat in your hair?? You do realize you have just debunked my mother's lifelong insistance that is an old wives tale! Footnote - if you still camp in a tent you have surpassed all my current admiration by school teaching, harp playing, motorcycle riding & about a thousand other things. I have now raised your pedestal even higher. You are my hero!

#27 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

Marnie:

Close -- Dr Seuss and I both use anapestic tetrameter to convey deep thoughts.....or deep something.  Besides, he's a doctor.

Klf:

Too Scottish.  I look more like the Cat in the Hat.

I need a bigger dictionary

#28 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:04 PM

Billie,

A "cat" is a furry animal which says meow and purrs.  Just saving you the trouble of looking it up. 

#29 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:42 PM

Billie,

A "cat" is a furry animal which says meow and purrs.  Just saving you the trouble of looking it up. 

Oh boy I set myself up for that one

#30 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:47 AM

Pam.. .I'm quite sure that I told about the bat adventure.  Not sure how you missed it.  Yeah, I always believed the wives tale about no bats in hair, but it did happen to me.  In short:

Canoe trip, just husband and me in the Utah wilderness.  Paddled all day, pitched the tent on sand bars at night.  One night we awoke at midnight or so to a howling wind storm.  Had to lay spread-eagle in our tent to keep it from pulling up stakes and blowing into the river, with us zipped inside it.  When the storm was over, we were sandblasted (the tent is mainly mesh).  By flashlights we dumped out the tent, cleaned everything off, and bathed in the river.  Went back to bed.  Our mistake was that husband left his tent door open but I closed mine.  I awoke later and felt something fluttering on the back of my neck (thank goodness I'm a stomach sleeper).  It fluttered again.  I covered the sides of my face with my hands and said, "Tom!  Are you awake??!!  There's something in my hair and I think it's a bat!!!"  He turned on the flashlight and said, "Yep, it's a bat. . .and it shit all over your head."  He grabbed some clothing to wrap his hand, ripped the bat out of my long braid (I have short hair now), and flung it out the tent door, where it wobbled around for awhile and then flew off.  I took another flashlight bath in the river.  Our camping rule now is that we either sleep with both doors open, or both doors closed.  The bat obviously flew in his door, chasing mosquitoes (or whatever meal it was following), its sonar didn't register the mesh door on my side of the tent.  It hit the door and landed on my head, tangling itself in my hair.  Thank goodness I was face down and he was face up.  My husband said it was one of the uglier sights he's seen.  The little bat face with its jaws and sharp teeth snapping at him and the hooked wings all tangled up in my hair. 

Did I just say that I was ready for another adventure?  Maybe I should just stay home.  We seem to have more than our share of weirdness on the road.

#31 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

If I read that before I don't remember, but I can say I laughed loud enough to wake Bob from his nap. He wasn't nearly as amused as I, although that did not minimize my enjoyment. I will echo your statement old age brings memory loss, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it again. I guess you really did not debunk mother's scoffing at the bat in the hair story. You kind of trapped the poor little thing. They have always frightened and intrigued me. We would have them occasionally in the house I grew up in. Today I am still not sure if I was more afraid of the bat or of my mother who turned into a crazed-eyed, broom-swatting, unrecognized fanatic that would swing that broom at anything moving. Come to think of it, she always had something on her head. A dish towel, a doilie, whatever she could grab while swinging that broom. The dog and I were fairly safe, we would dive under the diningroom table till the creature was subdued.

#32 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

My mother once put a bat through the washing machine by mistake.  They came home from a camping trip and must have somehow picked up a bat amidst the dirty clothes.  That poor animal did not survive as well as "my" bat. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users