#81 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

I know I should be grossed out after reading the latest posts, but I'm getting kinda hungry.

Need to start another thread on favorite air fresheners....

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#82 Dona_B

Dona_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:49 PM

Need to start another thread on favorite air fresheners.

Where's the Wizard Owl when you need him?

DX 1/14; Sprycel 100 Mg, liver toxicity; Sprycel 80 Mg; down to 50 Mg for 5 months. Numbers going up. Back to 80 Mg 10/16 (with 50s slipped in to use up) BCR/ABL: .0047 12/15; .0302 4/16;  .0528 8/16;  .084 10/16; .045, 1/17 back up on 80 mg Sprycel; .006, 3/17; .016, 7/17; Shingles 8/17

#83 snowbear

snowbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

I've been on Gleevec for 3 months now and my early side effects have gone away or improved.  Now, I just have puffy, swollen, painful eyes.  Sometimes it gets better by afternoon and sometimes, it doesn't.  But if this is as bad as it gets, I'm doing pretty good.  :)

#84 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

Cliché, but I am not a fan of air fresheners.  I use antibacterial spray when someone is sick.  Out side of that it is bathroom fans, doors/windows open when possible, or sending the offender as far away as possible.

I have never gotten past the fact when you spray air freshener around, you can actually taste it if you forget and breath through your mouth. I don't like eating air freshener, even unintentionally. The second reason is simple, it doesn't take away the smell, it just adds to it.  And for the cliché, it just smells like someone crapped a Christmas tree, ocean breeze, or mango scented pile somewhere.

#85 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

I don't know why but every time I use hair spray I yawn.  

#86 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:35 AM

Billie, you are just tired from having to get your hair done, but the time you get to spray you are exhausted.   This would be why some days mine stays the 'unruly, fuzzy, curly, rat nest, not viewable by anyone but my dogs hair.

Save some energy, stop doing your hair.  :D

#87 dede5

dede5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:49 AM

Mr. Tee, I will answer this from my perspective in two parts. First,  I don't recall having 'restless leg' before CML, but have noticed it more recently. My legs, and sometimes my arms, feel like they aren't a part of my body anymore. It's like they have a mind of their own. My arms sometimes feel like they're in the way and there's no place to put them comfortably. I was just telling Jake this last night, but it's not the first time I've noticed it. It may be totally unrelated to CML or TKI, but it's only started since then. Could be age, I guess.

From mid 2000's, I had bouts of excruciating pain in my right arm, that would feel fevery hot and like dead weight. As time went by, after starting treatment for CML in 2011, I noticed it wasn't having those anymore. I think I've had about 2 episodes in 4 years, which is a very dramatic drop. I've wondered if that pain was early signs of CML, or if the treatment helped it in some other way. Either way, thankful it's gone.

Dx: 01 March 2011

Sprycel 100 mg per day since dx 

MMR: July 2013

numerous side effects 

Thankful for the gift of each new day, and try to live it to the fullest  :D

#88 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

dede5

Your TKI hasn't lowered your RBC?

Some people who have iron-deficiency anemia develop restless legs syndrome (RLS). RLS is a disorder that causes a strong urge to move the legs. This urge to move often occurs with strange and unpleasant feelings in the legs. People who have RLS often have a hard time sleeping.

http://www.nhlbi.nih...opics/ida/signs

#89 Terran

Terran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationClovis CA

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:25 PM

100 mg Sprycel

headache

fatigue

dry scaly pealing skin

#90 dede5

dede5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:54 PM

gerry, I checked back on RBCs and they average on the low side of normal but still in normal range. It's not painful but I would definitely say strange. Guess I need to mention that at next appt. Thanks for the info  :)

numerous side effects 

#91 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:06 AM

I have had rls for over a year now and it is driving me crazy, My iron level is low but I don't need any infusions right now. Magnesium

cured the muscle cramps but not the rls.

Sometimes I have trouble swallowing could that be my thyroid? This past week A piece of chicken went down my throat real slow and just yesterday a ham sandwich got stuck. This happens to me every once in a while. The hardest part is not to panic when it happens. I do have barets esophagus but I never had any symptoms like this. I haven't had the scope test for a couple years because I don't want to! Have you noticed that lately every time you go to any doctor they want you to have a hose shoved down your throat or up your butt.

Billie

#92 dede5

dede5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:55 PM

Billie, the first thing that popped into my head with your description, was hiatal hernia. When I googled it I found this link. Hope you can benefit from this info:

http://www.digestive...-hiatal-hernia-

numerous side effects 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users