#2 PiePie

PiePie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:04 AM

Greetings Billie, your recent posts have brought several smiles not only to me but others too I'm sure, and is something any of us on these boards know the value of.

So thank you and stay warm!!! :)

#3 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

Hi Billie! I am watching your weather. Looks like you are sending lake effect my way. Stay warm and one worry about shoveling, it Weill probably melt by June.

#4 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:24 PM

Got a couple of inches here in Pittsburgh.  You can stop sending it our way.  Any time now....

It is so windy and just above zero - I HATE IT!!!  Nothing to do but start a nice fire and open another bottle of vino....

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#5 Buzzm1

Buzzm1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:46 PM

Got a couple of inches here in Pittsburgh.  You can stop sending it our way.  Any time now....

It is so windy and just above zero - I HATE IT!!!  Nothing to do but start a nice fire and open another bottle of vino....

My sister lives 14 miles south of you, a high of 16; she said tomorrow is supposed to be worse

it broke 70 here today; more of the same tomorrow 

Buzz

For the benefit of yourself and others please add your CML history into your Signature

02/2010 Gleevec 400mg

2011 Two weakly positives, PCRU, weakly positive

2012 PCRU, PCRU, PCRU, PCRU

2013 PCRU, PCRU, PCRU, weakly positive

2014 PCRU, PCRU, PCRU, PCRU (12/07 began dose reduction w/each continuing PCRU)

2015 300, 250, 200, 150

2016 100, 50/100, 100, 10/17 TFR

2017 01/17 TFR, 04/18 TFR, 07/18 TFR 0.0012, 08/29 TFR 0.001, 10/17 TFR 0.000

2018 01/16 TFR 0.0004 ... next quarterly PCR 04/17

At the earliest opportunity, and whenever possible, lower your TKI dosage; TKIs are toxic drugs and the less we take longterm the better off we are going to be ... this is especially true for older adults.  

In hindsight I should have started my dosage reduction two years earlier; it might have helped minimize some of the longterm cumulative toxic effects of TKIs that I am beset with.  

longterm side-effects Peripheral Artery Disease - legs (it's a bitch); continuing shoulder problems, right elbow inflammation.   GFR and creatinine vastly improved after stopping Gleevec.

Cumulative Gleevec dosage estimated at 830 grams

Taking Gleevec 400mg an hour after my largest meal of the day helped eliminate the nausea that Gleevec is notorious for.  

Trey's CML BlogStopping - The OddsStop Studies - Discussion Forum Cessation Study

Big PhRMA - Medicare Status - Social Security Status - Deficit/Debt

#6 snowbear

snowbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

I'm near Pittsburgh, too!  Actually 30 miles NW in Beaver County.

#7 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:35 PM

I didn't realize that we all lived so close to each other. Well we should all get together and go snowmobiling (yeah right) I think these tkis make us more vulnerable to the cold, and the heat and the skitters,nausea,constipation,etc.

Antilogical you have the right idea, I have my flannel jammies on and my polar bear robe,maybe I need another glass of vino.It's 6 degrees here right now. I hope nothing freezes up. We don't have the fireplace going this year because of Ron's lung problem, I sure do miss it.

Hey Buzz, BITE ME 70 degrees huh you are such a braggart. I don't think it reached 70 degrees here last summer.

Stay warm everybody, damn I can't get a hot flash when I need it.  go figure.

A really nice super shower like the rich folks have sure does sound good right now, but that would involve undressing and that ain't going to happen until May.    Billie

#8 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:14 PM

Well, after getting about 6 inches, closed interstates, blocked secondary roads, and a boatload of shoveling the sun is shining today. It was 1 degree this morning and has made it clear up to 7.
Winter should be a four letter word.

#9 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

But without winter there would be no snowboarding, no cross-country skiing, no hot chocolate. . . .

#10 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

Ok - everybody meet at my house.  Bring jammies and a bottle of your favorite beverage (enough to share).  Fire will be burning.  We'll get our hot flashes ON, baby!

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#11 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:29 PM

Hi Antilogical,

I'm on my way. I'll bring vino, and cheese and crackers. We have a virtual blizzard going on right now. I didn't know this storm was coming, I'm getting low on wine so it better clear up soon. I sure wish they would deliver. Hey that would be cool if liquor stores would deliver. :D

I'm still waiting for my hot flash.     Lets party in Pittsburg

#12 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

But without winter there would be no snowboarding, no cross-country skiing, no hot chocolate. . . .

No hypothermia, no shoveling, no ice to fall on your arse. Marnie even you couldn't play outside in this stuff it's really nasty, who ever came up with the term alberta clipper anyway?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users