Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

Ins said he has to come home, or we have to pay for the rehab facility ourselves. I wish they would have kept him 2 more weeks considering his very serious condition. When I got there I packed his stuff up and the nurse gave me a big bag of pills, and sent us on our way. No instructions, or diet,what he can or cannot do nada! Uggh

We'll get some home heath care and they will send somebody out to continue his physical therapy. But I have to figure that out tomorrow, they didn't even give me a phone no. Oh well enough about that.

But if he just sneezes I'm calling 911.

I am so tired I don't know how much longer I can keep going like this. I put clothes in the dryer tonight and I went totally blank, I could not remember how to turn my dryer on! That lasted about 2 minutes I think but that really scared me.

There are a lot of programs out there to help people like us who are retired. I called a couple places over the last 2 years but we aren't eligible for anything because we have too much income. SS and Rons pension check.It's unbelievable.

Luckily this 20mg of Sprycel is working for me,I have had a couple more pe's but they weren't bad enough to have to get my lung drained.(Thank God). I have noticed if I don't take my water pill for a few days, I really start getting congested, and short of breath. And my head is always stuffed up.

7 years of cml and old old age has caught up with me. Bone pain joint pain, my legs ache a lot, now my hands are getting stiff, and my hearing is shot :angry: . Rons isn't so great either so we go around all day saying HUH!

Sorry to be such a drag, Im just overwhelmed right now,how can I cook 3 meals a day keep the house dust free and take Ron to the many Dr appts he'll have coming up. I'm stuck in the country it's winter, it's just the two of us, lets see what else can I bitch about? That's enough for now Love Billie

#2 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:22 PM

Billie, bitch all you want, we are here to listen. I am glad Ron is home, just remember you have to take care of yourself too.

Old age, I said my knees were going to come flying apart today, with the weather change I need pain killers for my knees. They click and grind when I walk. No more stealthy movements for me, you can hear me coming. Nick told me the other day they need oiled. My response, 'Huh?'. He said it worked for the tin man on Wizard of Oz. I fear he has way too much of me in him.

Keep us posted on Ron and yourself. Take a break, you deserve it.

#3 Gerry - CML

Gerry - CML

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:36 PM

Hi Billie,

Even with what you're going through, you still made me smile. We've missed your humour on here.

I second what Pam said, make sure you take care of yourself as well.

#4 Sneezy12

Sneezy12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:00 AM

Billie,
Try Meals On Wheels and perhaps your Church can send someone to help or at least direct you to Social Services for more information. The State Office of the Aging also could be a resource.
Do you have any relatives that could help for a few hours a day?
We are here for you!
Frank

#5 alexamay09

alexamay09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

Sounds tough. Am thinking of you and Ron. Xx

#6 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

Billie,
Try Meals On Wheels and perhaps your Church can send someone to help or at least direct you to Social Services for more information. The State Office of the Aging also could be a resource.
Do you have any relatives that could help for a few hours a day?
We are here for you!
Frank

Hi Sneezy, Meals on wheels, social services, all those agencys, work with you if you're low income. We are just a middle class retired couple who fortunately have our house and car paid for, we don't go to many places so we have a little savings in the bank.WE"RE RICH, who would have thunk it?

You know what gets me is when Ron retired he got a nice severance pay, and he used it to pay off the house,car,and credit cards. So we are pretty much debt free. If we had a lot of bills, we would be eligible for some help. I don't mind paying but so many people don't want to work. If I could get someone to come in once a week and help me out with general housework, and maybe prepare a few meals, I need a handyman for small things, until Ron gets back on his feet. With heart and lung problems I don't think he'll be able to do a lot of things he did before. Hell I can't do anything like I did before. What happened? I should have stayed 48 for the last 4 years like Marnie does. It seems like this cml has knocked the crap out of me these last 2 years.It's so frustrating (True Story) a few weeks back I knelt on the floor for some reason, and I couldn't get up,there was nothing to grab on to, to pull myself up so I had to crawl on all fours until I found something that wouldn't fall on me while I got up. Boy I must have pretty cheezy furniture I'm not very big and my furniture isn't strong enough to hold me up. The guy who was selling the furniture out of his truck at the gas station said it was good quality, and even had a 5 year warranty, but he forgot to leave me his card.    Billie

#7 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

Billie, I have missed your presence. You always make me smile.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users