#1 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:29 AM

I can't sleep,I'm bored and I have a headache. I'm watching reruns on the discovery channel. I'm defrosting my refrigerator (who defrosts their refrigerator on new years eve!) Who defrosts their self defrosting refrigerator at all?

After a year on Gleevac I developed cataracts, 7 months later I had them removed. That was over 5 years ago. When they remove a cataract they put a permanent lens in your eye I guess that is to protect the eye. Well my permanent lens came loose and it's flopping around in my eye. The internet says there is a 50% chance of that happening. Ya gotta believe the internet don't ya? So I guess I gotta go get that fixed Dr. internet said it's just a small surgical procedure, yeah right it's not his eye with saran wrap flopping around. So I probably won't be able to drive for about 24 hours. I have to be able to see Ron and basically take care of the house I just don't like the idea of not being able to drive. It's like not having your car even if you don't need it.

Ron has a new roomate (a corpse) I swear the man is dead. Everytime I'm there he is sound asleep and never moves I want to take his pulse so bad. Ron says the man gets up and showers and walks around and gets visitors and eats his meals. Not on my watch he doesn't. You have to take into consideration that Ron was very sick and he has a lot of healing to do. There is 1 tv in the room and it's beside Rons bed and there is no remote and the guy doesn't complain? I gotta check that pulse.

I think there is a big scam going on, it took 2 days to find a facility for Ron because all the beds were filled. That was just on the west side of town. I think these places are filling these beds with corpses so they can raise their rates. Who knows where those bodies go once everybody leaves the cemetery?

Oh my head is pounding, I gotta take more tylonal.

Happy New Year Everybody       Love Billie

#2 janne

janne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

LOL. Billie, it is so good to have you back.

Dx'd: 8/2008. Started Gleevec 400 mg 11/08. 

Drug break 2011.

Started Tasigna 4/11 450 mg.

Reduction to 300 mg Tasigna 1/2012.

PCRU 9/2012.

12/2012 Detectable.

PCRU 4/2013 through 3/2015. (Reduced to 150 mg 7/2014)

12/2015  ? slightly detectable at probably less than 0.01% per Mayo Clinic.

4/2016 PCRU. Still at 150 mg Tasigna.

CESSATION: stopped treatment 7/20/2017. 

9/6/2017:  barely detectable at 0.01%. 

12/11/2017: PCR at 0.09% (did not do the monthly PCR testing.) 

12/18/2017: Inevitable call from Onc. Started back on Tasigna at 150 mg. (Considering Sprycel low dose.) 

#3 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

I was tucked in bed/couch before midnight. We are sleeping downstairs because Gypsy is still recovering from unknown lameness. TV was off so Bob could sleep. I have claimed the couch because I am older and have arthritis. So far it has worked.

I mulled wine, made cheese and meat tray, and had goodies but since Nick wasn't here it fell flat. When he gets back from his dads I am making him stay up and watch recorded New Years celebration.

I was thinking you might be right about filling beds. Insurance scams are huge these days. Well, that and zombies.

On a serious note, continued positive vibes to Ron and yourself. You are one tough cookie. I have missed your posts.

Oh, don't do what I did once while defrosting my deep freezer. All done, cleaned, and items organized and labeled. It would have been a great job if I would have remembered to plug the freezer in. Story of my life.

#4 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

Hi Billie:  I have not been on here a lot.  I have so much going on its unreal, but I was so glad to see your post.  You still have such a great sense of humor no matter what is going on.  You always make me lalugh, and I needed that with this New Year starting off so bad.

These hospitals scare me.  I get a call the Sunday before New Years Eve to say my mother who is in a nursing home had a heart attack, and they are rushing her to the ER.  The ER calls me and says they are rushing her to another hospital for an immediate Catheterization.  Then they call back, and say that a Cardiologist read her tests and she only has Pneumonia which is still not a good thing at 89.  So they cancel the Catheterization.  The story went on and on, but finally my mother is resting comfortably and should be returning to her bed at the Nursing Home.

Lets all have a Happy New Year if we can.

Susan

#5 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:20 AM

Susan, positive thoughts and prayers for your family.

#6 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:40 AM

Billie, I'm so glad you're back. Give Ron a big hug from your LLS family!

Susan, I miss your posts, too! Hope your life settles down to a dull roar soon so you can rejoin us on a regular basis.

I generally don't have trouble embracing change, but I feel much better knowing most of the "old timers" on this board have been found again!

Happy New Year everyone!

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users