• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mschmidli

Mschmidli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:45 PM

I posted a few days ago about my dr wanting to do another bmb because I am 19 months in and have been bouncing around between .15 and .6 since October 2013. I just got my latest pcr today it was .37 so no change really in the last 14 months. My doctor had mentioned at my visit in August the possibility of increasing gleevec to 600. Today with my latest results she seems to be sure that a switch to tasigna would be better. She would like to see me reach mmr sooner than later. Would you switch? I mean I could always go back to gleevec if the tasigna side effects were bad right? I'm not sure what the right thing to do is. All I know is that I would feel so relieved to reach that mmr and have the possibility lowering my dosage at some point. Of course new drug = new side effects. UGH

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

You could do whatever you think best.  No real reason to switch, and no real reason not to switch.  Gleevec is working well enough, but Tasigna might work even better for you.  If it is not a burden, switching could be a reasonable approach.  These drugs are not like family, try different ones if you want to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users