8 replies to this topic

#1 alexamay09

alexamay09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:13 AM

Hi. I have been on 140mg sprycel for almost 2 years. My per was up last time so my doc is waiting for my latest test result before thinking about dose reduction. The fatigue and shortness of breath are bad enough normally, but I've had 3 viruses in 3 months and they hit me really hard with a lengthy recovery. I am currently still suffering horrible fatigue from my last virus which started on 24th October. It's getting me down. Has anyone else experienced this on sprycel?
Alex

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:57 AM

You likely have some oxygen limitations due to the Sprycel impact on lung expansion (pleural effusion, if only at a  low level) combined with the illnesses taking their toll on the body in general and lung function.  You might try deep breathing several times per day, although that is not much of a solution.

#3 alexamay09

alexamay09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:49 AM

Thanks Trey. I will do that.
Alex

#4 chrissy778

chrissy778

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTroy, New York

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

I feel fatigue and short of breath after I have been over doing it for a few days. It usually happens when I am running myself down from doing too much, maybe that is what you are doing and that's why you are getting sick also. Learn when to take a break and make sure you are taking care of your self. Getting enough sleep and eating healthy.  I am on Gleevec 400mg and was diagnosed 1 year and 6 months ago. Just wondering Trey can Gleevec cause Pleural Effusion. Short of breath has been a complaint of mine from time to time and usually coincides with fatigue. I often think of stress, anxiety being a attributer to my breathing also.....Or I just become super aware of my breathing pattern.

Its never to late to live happily ever after/ Do not squander time; for that's the stuff life is made of

#5 chrissy778

chrissy778

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTroy, New York

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:50 AM

When I am talking its like I run out of breath, some tines when it happens I get a hot rush like a faint feeling.

Its never to late to live happily ever after/ Do not squander time; for that's the stuff life is made of

#6 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

Any TKI drug can cause effusion (fluid build-up) and/or edema, and it can be general or isolated in spots.  The fluid can impact breathing when around the lungs, or when around the diaphragm.  Your faint feeling could be a lack of oxygen, so it makes sense you could have some lung capacity limitations.  A lung xray might be advisable since it is impacting your breathing.

I know that Gerry has had a general edema issue with Gleevec, and also some others.  Sprycel is the most likely TKI to cause these issues.  But again, any of them can do it.

#7 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:51 PM

Chrissy, You should take Treys advice and get an x-ray it's worth it for the peace of mind. You might just need a break from G for a while.

#8 chrissy778

chrissy778

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTroy, New York

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Thank you I have a Dr appointment on the 24th this month I will tell him then, I will let you know....

#9 alexamay09

alexamay09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:40 PM

Hi - turns out I do have a PE. We are monitoring it but as I recently reduced to 100mg day sprycel, we are hoping it might not need a drug break. It seems my far worse than usual fatigue was down to drug toxicity from letrozole, another cancer drug!  I halved my dose of that one and felt better, though it is giving me very severe GI problems!  oh the joys.

Chrissy I hope all goes well for you x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users