#1 sunshineC

sunshineC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNottingham, PA

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:26 PM

I finally got some new numbers.  I'm kinda bummed cause I can't figure out how to compare them to where I was.  They were done at different hospitals and labs.  I know I started out with WBC of 256.2 and now my WBC is 6.94. The only actual numbers I can find on my BMB done when first diagnosed says myeloid:erythroid ratio is greater than 10:1 and the blood clot contains foci of marrow that are nearly 100% cellular consisting mostly of myeloid cells at all stages of maturation.  I'm really not sure what that actually means, but I dodn't think it sounds very good.  I don't believe that first onc ever gave me a copy of my BCR-ABL test results.  My new test says Calculation is 3.2 and IS Calibrator Calculation is 0.70.  I know the WBC is good.  I'm thinking it's the IS calculation is what we're all trying to get down to 0.00.  Is that right?  And the U in PCRU means undetectable?  I guess my biggest question right now is this good for being on 100mg Sprycel for 8 months?

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

A .7% IS PCR at 8 months is ahead of schedule, so that is good.  Below 1% IS is roughly Complete Cytogenetic Response (CCyR) which is the goal for 12 - 18 months.  That is a zero BMB or FISH.  One comment is that the difference between 3.2% and the adjusted .7% is larger than I usually see, so there is some room for error in there. 

The PCRU is zero PCR, but the main goal is below .1% PCR IS.  That is Major Molecular Response.

The items you quoted about the BMB language is standard at diagnosis.  I assume your leukemic cell count was 100% which is what most of us were at diagnosis.  BMB language should say something like "X out of 20 cells".

You can read more about CML testing here:

http://community.lls...lained-updated/

#3 sunshineC

sunshineC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNottingham, PA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

Thanks Trey.  I appreciate it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic