3 replies to this topic

#1 Mayra

Mayra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

Yesterday woke up feeling great and then about two hours later I had a dizzy fainting spell and my stomach started hurting. Fast forward 6 hours later still no relief. Went to the ER and they ran CT scan that signaled to some fluid in the abdomen. My oncologist got the results today and said it's a very minute amount of fluid and likely due to the Sprycel. He doesn't feel like the tenderness is caused by the meds. He wants to refer me to a Gastro and continue with Sprycel at 100mg. Has anyone had this happen to them? A little annoyed he didn't give me a drug break.

#2 Jerry.s

Jerry.s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:54 PM

Well I haven't had any fluid in my stomach from gleevec but my stomach hurts a little and it make some crazy noices ! I have learn some stuff in my short time take into the Meds. I can't eat red chile or over eat at my favorite brazillan grill!, because I'll pay for it later !

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

Abdominal effusion (fluid build-up) can occur around the diaphragm area as a side effect of Sprycel.  It is likely caused by the additional inhibition of SRC kinases which Sprycel inhibits but Gleevec and Tasigna do not. 

#4 tiredblood

tiredblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

At times, I've felt like I had fluid in my abdomen.  I'd have this rubbing feeling in my abdomen prior to the feeling of fluid retention.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users