• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

PhilB,

What a wonderfully visual explanation!

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#22 DebDoodah22

DebDoodah22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:14 PM

What does this mean for patcanfield with regard to medication? Will you remain on your TKI? What are you taking at what dose and do you feel well or experience ongoing side effects from your TKI? How long did it take you to reach this amazing response?...just wondering how this translates to daily life.

Delightful news, congratulations!

#23 patcanfield

patcanfield

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

i was told i had CML july 5-14 then had bmb and bma aug 8-14 i started 600 mg Tasigna a day sept 4 2014 and went to MDAnderson Sept 24th and had another BMB and BMA and the results were same CML

went back MDA Nov 19-2014 and had another BMB and it showed in remission.went back feb 2-2015 and had pcr and all the other lab work.Doc said all looked good but would take a few days to get results. those results were posted later but i didn't know what meant till i wrote trey. i am still taking 600 a day at this time and will go back to Houston May.So thats where i am now. when i went to 

hops july 3 my why cells were 36,400 and the platelets were 1,456, after 3 wks on Tasigna my white cells war down a lot and also platelets and nov 19 all was normal.unlless i get sick or something guess i'll stay on tasigna till my appt may 5. 

#24 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

PhilB,

What a wonderfully visual explanation!

Thanks Pat.  I really needed a whiteboard or a flip chart!

#25 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

Congratulations patcanfield - wonderful results.

Although there are some experiments going on with dose reduction or even cessation, the official guidance is still that you should be on the drugs for life.  I think you need to just enjoy the moment for now.  Unless you are really suffering with side effects, the time to start thinking about any dose changes is probably a year or two down the track from here.  In the meantime put on your dancing trousers and celebrate!

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users