2 replies to this topic

#1 jjg

jjg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:19 PM

To be clear I had the apply named MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine last week and had zero issues.

But I've read a lot of discussion where people are getting mixed messages about even non-live vaccines. So I was wondering where the evidence comes from that somebody having a good response to treatment with normal, or close to normal counts is immune compromised.

A blood test showed I had zero measles immunity and there is measles in the community I live in (due to the #$%@#$% idiots who don't vaccinate). We don't know why I had zero immunity, we thought I was vaccinated but my childhood vaccination records were destroyed in a bushfire. My sister is about to have twins and she's asked me to stay with her during the first few weeks and then she's going to stay with us for a month or so at Christmas.There is no way I'm going to risk giving a newborn measles. The documentation for tasigna said no live vaccines but my doctor wasn't worried. Other people receive very different advice.

Dx Dec 2010 @37

2x IVF egg collection

Glivec 600 & 800mg

PCRU March 2012

Unsuccessful pregnancy attempt - relapsed, 3 months interferon (intron A), bad side effects from interferon

Nilotinib 600mg Oct 2012

PCRU April 2013, 2 years MR4.5 mostly PCRU with a few blips

April 2015 stopped again for pregnancy attempt (donor egg), pregnant first transfer, 0.110 at 10wks, 2.1 at 14wks, 4.2 at 16wks, started interferon, slow dose increase to 25MIU per wk, at full dose PCR< 1 for remainder of pregnancy

Healthy baby girl Jan 2016, breastfed one month

Nilotinib 600mg Feb 2016

MMR May 2016

PCRU Feb 2017

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

Unless a person gets to end stage Blast Phase CML, or maybe ultra-low WBC (ANC well below 1.0), their immune system works well.  99.9% of us are neither immune compromised or even immune deficient.  The immune system rises to the occasion and does the job.  All types of vaccines are fine for us unless in the status described in the first sentence. 

A small percentage (about 5%) of people who receive MMR shots do not develop an immunity after the shot.  Also, immunity can be gradually lost over time, which is why there are booster shots. 

http://www.cdc.gov/v...cc-in-short.htm

Drug pamphlets are written by lawyers.  Just like the PCR makers who say "Not for diagnostic use".  Really now.

Only YOU can prevent bushfires.  You don't have bears in Australia, do you???  Maybe just Drop Bears. 

#3 jjg

jjg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:59 PM

Thanks Trey. Sometimes I think people are trying to make us feel more sick than we are.

No bears in Australia (the koala is not a bear - although they do turn into drop bears when you sitting with an American around a campfire in the middle of nowhere) - we do have the odd deadly snake, venomous spiders, ticks, crocodiles, sharks, bushfires big enough to create their own weather etc, but by far the most dangerous thing I deal with is Melbourne traffic!

Dx Dec 2010 @37

2x IVF egg collection

Glivec 600 & 800mg

PCRU March 2012

Unsuccessful pregnancy attempt - relapsed, 3 months interferon (intron A), bad side effects from interferon

Nilotinib 600mg Oct 2012

PCRU April 2013, 2 years MR4.5 mostly PCRU with a few blips

April 2015 stopped again for pregnancy attempt (donor egg), pregnant first transfer, 0.110 at 10wks, 2.1 at 14wks, 4.2 at 16wks, started interferon, slow dose increase to 25MIU per wk, at full dose PCR< 1 for remainder of pregnancy

Healthy baby girl Jan 2016, breastfed one month

Nilotinib 600mg Feb 2016

MMR May 2016

PCRU Feb 2017

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users