Photo

Older article: Resveratrol Promotes Autophagic Cell Death in Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Cells

red wine cml

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:16 PM

I was drinking a glass of red wine, and came across this article:

http://cancerres.aac...pe2=tf_ipsecsha

Title:

Resveratrol Promotes Autophagic Cell Death in Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Cells via JNK-Mediated p62/SQSTM1 Expression and AMPK Activation

Does this mean that my red wine "routine" actually might have had an effect on my CML?

#2 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

Put you in a happier mood when thinking about your CML maybe. :D

#3 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

Indeed it did gerry :)

#4 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

A moderate red wine routine has definitely done that for me too! :)  Still waiting on my latest FISH/PCR results, but my bilirubin is up a little bit (usually hovers around 1.2-1.5, but my CMP last week registered 2.0 -- definitely higher than I'd like to see).  Probably the result of a summer routine of pool time with family, some vacation and plenty of wine & beer along the way.  It looks like my liver is telling me to chill out a little bit - it works hard enough to process Gleevec daily.

Hope you'd had a great summer, Teddy!

Dan - Atlanta, GA

CML CP Diagnosed March 2011

Gleevec 400mg

#5 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

I started taking the juice of one lemon in a glass of water every day after I stopped taking the Gleeve, my bilirubin were in the normal range to start with but are now low, took about six months to do it. But I'm not sure you'd want to do that while on Gleevec. Is it a good thing to have your liver functioning really well, in that the Gleevec is processed through it fairly quickly, not sure?

On the plus side my cholesterol levels are now in the normal range after having to go on a statin before starting Gleevec. I went off the statin when I found the Gleevec was making my liver store it up.

#6 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

After starting Gleevec, my doctor had to lower my meds for cholesterol and blood pressure.  I assume that the Gleevec is enhancing the effect of everything I take.  Given that assumption, I tried setting a Gleevec tablet on a dollar bill, but it did not increase my wealth.

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#7 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

:D

I think the Gleevec makes the Statin stay around longer - my cholesterol dropped into the low end, even on the lowest dosage. I wasn't too keen on that as statins can cause muscle and joint issues in some people and I wound up stopping it. Cholesterol started to slowly rise again. The lemon juice appears to work, but I wouldn't have tried it while on Gleevec, though I guess I need to see a trend of normal cholesterol to be sure.

#8 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

A moderate red wine routine has definitely done that for me too! :)  Still waiting on my latest FISH/PCR results, but my bilirubin is up a little bit (usually hovers around 1.2-1.5, but my CMP last week registered 2.0 -- definitely higher than I'd like to see).  Probably the result of a summer routine of pool time with family, some vacation and plenty of wine & beer along the way.  It looks like my liver is telling me to chill out a little bit - it works hard enough to process Gleevec daily.

Hope you'd had a great summer, Teddy!

Hey Dan.

From what i read on FB, your PCR results were great!

Yeah, during my vacation there has been some more wine than usual, have to enjoy it though.

I hope your next liver tests get you down to the 1.2-1.5 mark again :)

Thanks, the summer has been good, my latest results were good, but a bit up from last time, so im hoping my september results bring me down to 0,01% again, or at least that they dont go up.

Have a nice weekend, cheers :rolleyes:

Teddy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users