#3 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

I was wondering the same thing.  Hope they are both okay.  I figured with the summer months, people are taking vacations etc.

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

Michael (Scuba) has posted since the changeover.  Phil is his same anagrammatic self practicing BIF avoidance with a penchance for igneous hemorrhoidal circumlocution.

Edited by Trey, 29 July 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#5 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:56 AM

Hi Guys - I'm still here. Nice to see y'all miss me - especially Trey.

I've been out of pocket lately working on my business and getting some time with friends in the Bahamas (no diving though @)(#_$#%_)(#)@!). I was surprised that I was able to develop a dark tan given that I take a TKI. I thought TKI's prevented tans? I do take a very low dose so maybe that explains it.

My PCR's hover around undetectable whether I take 20mg or 40mg Sprycel. I now take 20/40 on alternating days. To tell you the truth, I don't much think about CML anymore. I don't have side affects that I notice except perhaps anemia when I go for my daily run. I do fatigue somewhat, but have switched over to running sprints. High intensity for short distances over 3 miles - jog, sprint fast until I can't, walk, jog, sprint. I find that burns calories faster anyway. It certainly gets the heart pumping and may help prevent any effusion from developing (heart or lung).

I had my annual physical a few weeks ago and it always shocks the doctor when he sees my blood counts. (25% lower RBC's, Neutrophils ~ 1.3). They don't change no matter what I do. It's the new normal for me until, I suspect, I try my plan to stop taking Sprycel. But my cardio markers have all improved dramatically since 1 year ago. It's the paleo diet (plus wine) and running with calisthenics  I decided to get busy doing. I am close to my Grad school weight now - so I look Good - almost certainly better looking than Trey. The ladies seem to notice.

I can't stress how important it is to eat right and move the body to a sweat stage. CML is not going to kill us, but the way we eat and sit around (typing on this computer) - that is going to kill us sooner rather than later. So I focus now on eating right and monitoring things other than CML just so I have a few more years of scuba diving and chasing my wife around. No little blue pill for me.

(p.s. I use to get emails from several posts (which have stopped) - the emails reminded me of topics being discussed and led me to come back to the site. That's probably the reason I haven't been around more)

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#6 mdszj

mdszj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

scuba - thought you may be interested in an article on high intensity interval training from a good paleo website.

http://www.marksdail.../#axzz38yAbrK74

I cannot remember where I found this website, either here or some other place, but it is a good one that is full of articles on diet and exercise.

dx cml 7/2012; 100 mg sprycel; splenectomy 9/2012; reached prcu 10/2013; dx smoldering myeloma 1/2015; 80 mg sprycel 12/2015; 50 mg sprycel 7/13/16; discontinued sprycel 11/15/16

#7 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

scuba - thought you may be interested in an article on high intensity interval training from a good paleo website.

http://www.marksdail.../#axzz38yAbrK74

I cannot remember where I found this website, either here or some other place, but it is a good one that is full of articles on diet and exercise.

Thanks - I fell into doing sprints somewhat by accident. My lower than normal RBC's would force me to stop the Jogging to a walk, but then I regained energy quickly - so I started to run as hard as I could until fatigued. I found that my upper leg muscles started to shape up and that my speed increased dramatically and I started losing weight faster. So I decided to just keep at it that way.

If you think about it - what do little kids do. They don't "jog". They run around like animals until tired - they stop, rest, then run around again. They chase each other starting and stopping. There is no walking or slow running. Running around fast then stopping to catch breath is the normal way to exercise. People who run Marathons .... die (Look up: Pheidippides). So I cover the same distance I use to run (3 miles)but in a series of sprints. 

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#8 tinman1939

tinman1939

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationRockwall, TX

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Looks like your high intensity training routine is in line with the latest study of seniors, too ...

http://www.newser.co...-at-a-time.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users