• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 WoofWoof

WoofWoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

Haven't been here for a while, what's shaking?

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

Evidently not much - or else the regulars have given up with the new changes or they are having trouble getting in. 

I like this so much more than the last upgrade so I hope they keep trying.

Personally, I want it to be because everyone is having such a great summer and no issues!

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 HowYouDoing

HowYouDoing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPA - USA

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

I wasn't around much for a while either but started coming back to visit after my last Onc Appt.  It seems pretty dead in here now.  I used to be HeatherZ but with the changes I ended up making a new profile. 

Heather - CMLer since 3/2010 - Gleevec 400 til 11/2013 now Sprycel 100.  :)  

#4 JPD

JPD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

Well, Im in month 8 since dx.  BCR is at 3.5% and trending down (took me a while to get my meds straigtened out).  Side effects are very mild at Tasigna 300... some dry skin issues and the rare fatigue.  Just trying to enjoy my life and getting used to have the cancer monkey on my back.  Take the pills, live your life...

January 15: .53%

April 15:       .78%

July 15:      1.1% - upped dosage to 400mg after this test

Oct 15:       .85%

December 15:  .28%

March 16: .29%

July 16: .34%

October 16: .11%

January 17: .081%

April 17: .055%

July 17: .135%

Oct 17: .008%

#5 Guest_Alexandra Arnott_*

Guest_Alexandra Arnott_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:35 AM

I have continually had log in problems. Very frustrating. I read but rarely post. Dx august 2012. Last bcr abl count .14 next test next week. On 140mg sprycel and hoping for a good result and reduction. Loads of niggly pains, feeling of fulness rhs and fatigue. Living a good life though :)

#6 Guest_Marnie_*

Guest_Marnie_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

We've been on the motorcycles for 3 weeks.  I'll get caught up and get my avatar up and running again as soon as everything is unpacked, organized, cleaned, and put away. 

I hope everyone has been doing well.

Marnie

#7 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

Glad you're back, Marnie.  Hope you have some good tales to tell of your adventures!  :D

Pat

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#8 Guest_Marnie_*

Guest_Marnie_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

Not much in the way of adventures this time. . .no moose or buffalo, or moose with buffalo (that's a picture I'll never get out of my mind, thank you Trey).  We did see a lot of HOT weather. . .riding in full gear in 100+ degrees was uncomfortable at times. . .and lots of smoke from the many fires burning in Canada, Washington, and Idaho. 

We had a few motorcycle issues along the way.. .two replaced tires and multple trips to a shop in a town that will remain unnamed to deal with a problem that is still not resolved.  Also had a few medical issues. . .I developed what I think is pretty serious carpal tunnel syndrome, and I threw out my back. 

However. . .23 days of riding, camping, skinny-dipping in the river to stay cool, and 23 days without arguing once. . .that's a pretty good vacation.  And because my husband retired the day we left, he wasn't constantly checking work e-mail and getting calls from the office to put out fires.  We are both looking forward to the day that I'm retired so that we can go on the road for months at a time. 

Marnie

P.S.  I lied. . .we did see buffalo, a moose, pronghorns, and a cougar.  The moose was enjoying the shade, and the buffalo were crossing the road.

#9 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

Marnie!

Welcome back, sounds like a great time.  I am horrible at email.  Excellent intentions.  Awesome to hear from you.  Anything from Billie?

Pam

#10 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

Haven't heard a peep from Billie. 

#11 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

Now you've done it, Marnie. You mentioned all of those animals in the same sentence. God only knows what Trey will do with that! Congrats to your hubby and I'm glad you had a great time and got home in one piece. Sorry about the carpal tunnel and back, though.

I am concerned because I don't think we've heard from Billie in a long, long time. Before the switch even. I hope it's just her computer again. I swear, her repair person must be a saint!   :D

Pat

Pat

#12 Credmiston

Credmiston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

Yes, I am on my third iteration of login name.  JRsBoo to CarolineCookie to Credmiston.  And was surprised at how little activity the board is having.  Hoping it just means that the information for newbies is out there and being disseminated properly, that with all the choices for drugs, people are having less issues, and the long time posters (like some of us) are simply coasting along and being irritated at the new system.

I just got a new puppy, so am now at 2 dogs.  Health is coasting.  Just turned 50, so on monday I get to have a colonoscopy.  Oh BOY!  I am not looking forward to the drinking of the poo inducing liquid.  Don't they know that I have weeks of that without having to drink a salty thick liquid????

Ah well.

At least I TURNED 50.  And am having a ball with this little life of mine!

Caroline

#13 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

Marnie,

I forgot to ask...why were the buffalo crossing the road?   :lol: (she laughed very pleased with herself)

Pat

#14 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

Well. . .as I recall from last time, it was to get away from the angry moose.  This time it was in Yellowstone and they were just trying to annoy all of the stupid humans with cars and cameras.  I will say that it was fun to be on motorcycles at the very front of the line when they crossed.  If I knew how to upload a picture, I would share the buffalo with you.  I need to get photoshop on this computer so that I can reduce the size of the photo I'll use for my avatar.  Just too busy working on school stuff.  Vacation is over!  Well. . .not quite.  Next week we're taking the camper and the dirt bikes out for a short week of riding and kayaking.  Then vacation really is over. :wacko:

Marnie

#15 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

P.S. . Caroline. . .good luck with the colonoscopy.  I turned 50 in February and I've been putting off scheduling mine.  I had so many medical things going on that I decided to cut myself a break and wait until everything else cleared up.  2 pleural effusions, cataract surgery on both eyes, ruptured disk.  Gah!  I'm falling apart!  I hope 50 is easier on you!  Be sure to treat yourself and enjoy your jello (green or yellow only).  And take the day before the procedure off from work!! 

Marnie

#16 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

Marnie,

I was forced into my scope in early January.  Scope was fine, but I had C-Diff (a simple little name for a horrible thing to have) and fought with it till March.  May all of your scopes be normal and the buffalo out of your way.

Pam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users