• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shara

Shara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

This may sound wierd but, has anyone had any small pin prick sized indentions all over their fingernails? I have been on Gleevec for over six years and this just started. When I look it up it all says psoriasis but I have never had that and have no other symptoms. I would hate to go to the doctor for this, it seems so trivial.

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

I had unusual changes in fingernails during the first year or so.  It is part of the TKI drug (maybe Gleevec more than others) changing body mineral usage. 

#3 jmoorhou

jmoorhou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationOutside of San Francisco

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

Go to the Doctor.

Diagnosed 3/2014 WBC 28 Non detectable within 3 monthsGleevec 400 mg 5/2014 one hour after dinner really improves nausea300 mg 12/15/2016200 mg and 300 mg Gleevec 2/25/2017 (after 3 years on Gleevec) For last four months taking 300 mg per day. Last CMC showed liver enzymes elevated, went to a good Naturopath and he recommended 4 Tumeric, 10,000 mg Vitamen D, and 3 milk thistle (silymarin) daily. Also use One<p>Day Detox Dandeloin tea, and Nettle Tea and a slice of ginger every day...in two months liver tests were below normal.Janis

#4 Shara

Shara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

Thank you all for responding. I ended up going to the dermatologist and he said it is due to the trama of the artificial nails from 6 months ago and that it can take up to a year to heal properly. Well at least I know it wasn't my Gleevec. I always love to chalk every ailment I have to my Gleevec but sometime I bring it on myself.

#5 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

I have never used artificial nails, and have had this problem long before my Gleevec intake.  I was told I had some type of deficiency, but the doctors never really found out what causes this.  Does not bother me, just do not like the dents in some of my fingernails.

I use a few coats of nailpolish, and apply it vertically and horizontally to fill in the dents.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users