Tasigna and Tiredness

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Corinne Bonadies_*

Guest_Corinne Bonadies_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

Since being diagnosed in January of this year, I have been treated with Tasigna with excellent results in bone marrow biopsy and blood work.

BUT, I am extremely fatigued and feel as though I am in a constant fog.  Just wondering if anyone has or is experiencing the same side effects from Tasigna.

#2 Shara

Shara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

Fatigue is one of the most common side affects with all the CML medications. If it is a continual problem, you can see your doctor and he/she can perscribe something to try and counteract the fatigue.

#3 JPD

JPD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

Fatigue and Tasigna sometimes, sadly, go hand in hand.  I would just try and slog through it for a few more months as it should get better - mine did.  I still get the occasional bout of fatigue that comes out of nowhere, but for the most part it's gone away (dx 11/13).  Are you taking 150s or 200s?  Also, a lot of people swear my some vigerous exercise to offset the drug induced lethargy.

January 15: .53%

April 15:       .78%

July 15:      1.1% - upped dosage to 400mg after this test

Oct 15:       .85%

December 15:  .28%

March 16: .29%

July 16: .34%

October 16: .11%

January 17: .081%

April 17: .055%

July 17: .135%

Oct 17: .008%

#4 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

Aside from the side effects from the TKI, you're also newly diagnosed, it can take awhile just to recover from the diagnosis. It took me around six months to start getting a clearer head, but a friend of mine said it took her around 18 months.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

Exercise and diet help tremendously. Doing so also has many other benefits.

#6 tazdad08

tazdad08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

My fatigue comes in waves. I may go a few days feeling somewhat fair, then a few days of being so sleepy that I cant hold my eyes open. Don' let it get you down. Focus on results. Talk to your dr about the dose you are on. If it is a really high dose, consider lowering it. I am on 200mg per day and my results are great. My dr didnt like the lower dose, but so far it has proved to be effective. The brain fog.....I forgot what i was going to say. lol. sorry, but I have just learned to accept it. It was much much worse when I was on Sprycel

Diagnosed in September 2011. Tried one year of Sprycel. Had great response. Became undetectable in a few months. Changed to Tasigna hoping for less side effects. Self medicated myself down to 20% dose and held for 3 years before becoming detectable again. It has been a journey that has helped me realize what life is about! I am all about a balanced life. I firmly agree with my decision to lower my dose. What is life if you aren't living? Mine will never be the way it was, but it is going to be as good as I can make it! Drs PRACTICE medicine, we can guide our dr to help us with a better life! Don't settle until it's acceptable to you!

#7 corerich123

corerich123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWhite Plains, NY

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

Thank you all for your response and helpful suggestions.  Great being on your team!!!  Thanks again!

#8 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Exercise absolutely works for me; I don't feel any of the Gleevec fatigue, and I think that's the reason.  I have found myself to be mildly forgetful of simple things sometimes - that could be a little bit of the brain fog kicking in, but once again, a good early-morning exercise routine keeps my brain firing on all cylinders during the day.  I also have an annual subscription to Lumosity.com and use it every so often to play games that work the brain like a muscle.  Hope this helps!

Dan - Atlanta, GA

CML CP Diagnosed March 2011

Gleevec 400mg

#9 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

I didn't get the brain fog until about 21/2 years after starting Gleevec, was forgetting words, names appointments etc. I thought I had managed to escape it initially. It was one of the major things I really noticed disappearing when I stopped the Gleevec.

#10 lizy1013

lizy1013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLinwood, PA

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

I take 200 mg. once a day.  Fatigue comes and goes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users