2 replies to this topic

#1 HowYouDoing

HowYouDoing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPA - USA

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

The Hem/Onc I see sends the PCR bloodwork to NeoGenomics in Florida.  I am wondering if anyone else has theirs sent to that same lab and if so have you noticed any issues with the results lately?  I am trying to determine if my doc was just trying to make me feel better at my last appointment or if others truly are having the same experience as me. 

Here's the situation.  In Novemwber I switched to Sprycel after taking Gleevec for 3 1/2 years.  While on Gleevec, the best response I ever got to was a 2 1/2 log reduction in PCR before it started climbing.  After 5 months on Sprycel I hit MMR (actually an almost 4 log reduction) in March of this year.  At the doctor the other week my results for June showed I lost MMR and in fact was at just over a 2 1/2 log reduction.  I was pretty upset but the doc said he has had a number of his patients see unexpected results over the last 2 months or so.  In every case the PCR number is higher than what should be expected.  Like I said, I don't know if he said that just to make me feel better or if he does suspect there is a lab issue. 

Heather - CMLer since 3/2010 - Gleevec 400 til 11/2013 now Sprycel 100.  :)  

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

Here is the lab test info for Neogenomics.  You or your Onc should call the customer service number provided and ask if they changed the test recently, such as switching to International Standard reporting. 

http://www.neogenomi...aspx?TestID=615

#3 mikefromillinois

mikefromillinois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

Hello HYD,

Just a side note to your issue.  A few years ago I had a little variation with my results.  I suspected some of it could be lab or timing related.  I found out what time of day blood samples were picked up by my hospital's courier and made sure my blood draw appointments were a only a couple hours before the pickup time.  I also have my draws done on Mondays or Tuesdays so the blood doesn't get stalled somewhere over a weekend. 

I haven't had any variation issues since but of course there is no way of knowing if that is due to my timing or my actual results.

Mike

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users