PDF versions http://www.cmladvoca...net/cmlhorizons

#3 simone4

simone4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

Gerry, thank you for this valuable link.

I hope all is well with you.

Simone

#4 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Hi Simone,

Going well so far on my TKI cessation, blood test next week. I've made it through the first six months, but can't really be sure until June 2016, though it can still make low level appearances after that - one of the people on the FB forum I've joined has had this happen.

There was an interesting couple of answers in the videos, 1st being that it is expected in the future that your doctor will be the one working with their patients for stopping TKI (which I'm already doing). 2 that even if the CML comes back, they are expecting people to be able to have more goes at coming off again. 3 His theory is that there are "natural" killer cells which may be assisting people in being able to stop.

Hope everything is well with you.

#5 winespritzer

winespritzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

Dear Gerry,

Invaluable links. Thank you.

Winespritzer

CML History....

DX-1/14....wbc....55....100mg Sprycel-1 wk after DX....periorbital edema, fatigue,

.385-4/14

.365-7/14

.13-10/14

.11-1/15

.045-4/15

.07-7/15

.06-10/15

.04-1/16

0.00- 4/16-10/17

70mg Sprycel...11/4/17....40 mg prednisone (7 days)....thoracentisis...10/26/17

tremendous reduction w periorbital edema and fatigue

#6 VickiW

VickiW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationnorthwoods

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

Thank you for the post Gerry.  I have not been on for over a year I think, maybe longer and so much change.  I will be following you once again very closely.  I asked my Onc just the other day what were the chances of me stopping the TKI's too and he just rolled his eyes.  I said, "I know, no long term studies on Sprycel yet" and his reply was "hang in there".  2 /12 yrs + in PCRU after total failure on Gleevec.  (was on Sprycel for 1 1/2? yrs before reaching PCrU).  I admit I have not been keeping track of things.  Do you know of any other studies out there I need to look at?

Thank you again for allowing us to follow your journey.  Sadly, because I haven't been on since getting frustrated with the first site change over, I have lost all access to old posts and all the valuable info in them, sigh.

Vicki

Dxd 2007

started on Gleevec switched to Sprycel 100mg in 2009

PCRU since 2011

20mg Sprycel every other day since Dec. 2014

Began TFR 4-18-16

#7 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hi Vicki,

There is a Sprycel trial going on in Liverpool  http://www.controlle.../ISRCTN74084226 the trial finishes 2017

Another view of stopping your TKI https://www.youtube....h?v=U1wxJXDWTLU

#8 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

Made me feel much better since I'm now off meds for a full month due to unresolved lung issues.  I won't get nervous until the 7 month mark :D

#9 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

This is from my local oncologist, but he said after a few years of response it usually takes up to 2 years to lose response.  Of course this is without a mutation of some form or other complication.  I find it interesting 3 years ago I was paranoid and I had to take the Sprycel at about the same time every day or I would go into panic mode.  I heading toward my 4th month and I can't seem to find the energy to get excited.  The positive test results helped, of course so I can't claim total disregard.  Nice to read articles geared toward positive results from breaks.

I believe I am not looking forward to returning to whatever med I decide. Except for the crap from the PH, this is the best I have felt and my skin is not nearly as dry or bumpy. 

#10 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

This is a very interesting presentation -- thank you for sharing!  It is intriguing to think that our own immune systems could, in some cases, take over and control minimal residual disease without TKI treatment, even if a patient is around MMR ... although I imagine that would be pretty rare.

Dan - Atlanta, GA

CML CP Diagnosed March 2011

Gleevec 400mg

#11 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Wow, Pam. . .that's interesting info.  The thing that is worrying me now, is that BEFORE. . .I had an internal alarm clock for 7:00 p.m. PILL TIME (not to mention my phone alarm, watch alarm, and husband's watch alarm). 

But now, after being off for a month (and turning off my alarms). . .7:00 comes and goes, and I don't always think about my pill.  I could get used to not taking a stupid pill every day!  Except that I can't.  Damn. (oops. . wonder if I'll get a warning point).

m

Hope you are feeling o.k.  Well. . actually hoping that you're feeling better than o.k.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users