Bone Marrow Biopsy

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Hi Trey and everyone, I had the BMB done today My hematologist was excellent.  He probably has done 3,000 of them. I asked him if he was going to do  FISH and PCR testing using the marrow fluid?  He said, no it is Cytogenetics Testing. He ordered BCR, but the girl that did the peripheral blood test said that if he ordered BCR last week, he should not order another BCR today, and that she was going to phone the lab that does the testing and ask them if another BCR test is needed, that it is a very expensive test. The doctor was very nice to me today, not like the other day! I had the BMB done at 8:50 A.M. and it is now 6:20 P.M. and I do not have pain. Trey and everyone, thank you for your support and encouragement. When I receive the copy of the BMB results I will post it here, he said that he will give me a copy.  Again, thank you.

.                                                                                                  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users