3 replies to this topic

#1 lanarae

lanarae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

Hi All!

I'm six years into this and been on 400 Gleevec all along...

I saw on a facebook posting from another group that someone was taking 150mg of Nuvigil for fatigue.  Anybody taking anything to manage fatigue?  I started being more faithful with my daily multi vitamin, D and iron and it has helped my not feel so "overall crappy", but has not taken away the baseline ickyness.  A few months back I was on Prednisone for a skin infection and I felt like SuperWoman.  Back to my old self for a few days...but I know I cannot take that all the time.  However, it did prove to me that I have the ability to feel better buried somewhere deep inside. 

Also, anyone taking probiotics for diarrhea?  Talked to PCP and gonna try 2 billion units per day and see if that touches it.  Doc says it can't hurt...

Last visit my onc put me on Claritin allergy meds once daily for bone pain.  It has reduced that significantly.  Who knew?

Thanks for being here - I appreciate knowing I can come here for support :-)

Lana

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

HI Lana,

I took probiotics, plus psyllium husk, most of the time it was okay, but I always had Gastro Stop on hand just in case. I noticed coffee could cause an issue for me. It depended on where I bought it as to whether it impacted, so to speak.

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

Nuvigil (aka Armodafinil) is just the same as taking a caffeine pill.  Its goal is to keep a person wide awake, not to relieve the underlying fatigue.  This drug is used to treat narcolepsy (constantly falling asleep in mid-day).

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Armodafinil

#4 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

I'd never heard about using Claritin for bone pain! Nice to have in the arsenal if needed!

You know, 5 years ago when I was taking Gleevec, I thought I felt great, until I had to stop because of liver toxicity. I was off for 7 weeks to let my enzyme counts return to normal and that's when I rediscovered how feeling good really felt.

Beats the alternative, but it's still too bad.

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users