#1 jmoorhou

jmoorhou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationOutside of San Francisco

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

I've been on Gleevec for three months and getting  good results....I started with taking it after dinner which is usually my biggest meal...but now I'm afraid to go at night for fear I will get nauseous or have a diarrhea attack...any one have any ideas..has anyone had a similar problem...the real problem is I eat very little for breakfast, would a bowl of oatmeal and some orange juice be enough to hold off bad effects of Gleevec?

Thanks in advance..

Diagnosed 3/2014 WBC 28 Non detectable within 3 monthsGleevec 400 mg 5/2014 one hour after dinner really improves nausea300 mg 12/15/2016200 mg and 300 mg Gleevec 2/25/2017 (after 3 years on Gleevec) For last four months taking 300 mg per day. Last CMC showed liver enzymes elevated, went to a good Naturopath and he recommended 4 Tumeric, 10,000 mg Vitamen D, and 3 milk thistle (silymarin) daily. Also use One<p>Day Detox Dandeloin tea, and Nettle Tea and a slice of ginger every day...in two months liver tests were below normal.Janis

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

It comes down to the individual. When I first started Gleevec, I thought I had to have the biggest dinner ever.

In the end I switched to mornings and just had it with a bowel of cereal in the morning. I always had Maxalon (anti nausea from the doc) on hand, just in case, but didn't need it all that often. Plus I always had Imodium or Gastro Stop in my hand bag, once again only used it when I needed to, which wasn't every day. I still have these things in my bag. LOL

Have a try and see how you go.

#3 jmoorhou

jmoorhou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationOutside of San Francisco

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:39 AM

I hear you thanks Gerry

Diagnosed 3/2014 WBC 28 Non detectable within 3 monthsGleevec 400 mg 5/2014 one hour after dinner really improves nausea300 mg 12/15/2016200 mg and 300 mg Gleevec 2/25/2017 (after 3 years on Gleevec) For last four months taking 300 mg per day. Last CMC showed liver enzymes elevated, went to a good Naturopath and he recommended 4 Tumeric, 10,000 mg Vitamen D, and 3 milk thistle (silymarin) daily. Also use One<p>Day Detox Dandeloin tea, and Nettle Tea and a slice of ginger every day...in two months liver tests were below normal.Janis

#4 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:56 AM

When I was on Gleevec, I switched from evening to morning to see which would work best.  I also tried splitting my pill and doing 200mg twice a day.  For me, evening worked the best.  Find what works for you.

Marnie

#5 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

I have been on Gleevec 400mg for just over three years.  Almost every dose has been with a breakfast consisting of a banana and a hearty bowl of cooked oatmeal with some brown sugar, dried cranberries and granola.  I wasn't much of a breakfast-eater before my diagnosis, so CML forced me to incorporate this meal into my daily routine.  I also take a Vitamin C supplement and a 125mg Genistein supplement at the same time.  I have found that this meal works GREAT for me + Gleevec - not even a hint of nausea.  Hope this helps!

Dan - Atlanta, GA

CML CP Diagnosed March 2011

Gleevec 400mg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users