6 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hi everyone,

Had my gallbladder out in 2009 when I was, what, 22? Yeesh, time flies. Anyway, I was having typical symptoms of pain in the abdomen, but otherwise I did not have elevated enzymes (from what I remember, they tested a few times months before we decided on surgery), or white stool, which are typical of gallbladder problem. When HIDA scan showed my gallbladder at 0%, I had it out.

Now, since then, I'd had one or two episodes of phantom pain down there, or a feeling of strong discomfort. Sometimes it was painful for just a moment (unlike hours when it would happen before), or about 15 minutes of just feeling the discomfort and a full-body blah.

After starting Sprycel, I noticed I had a painful episode a couple days later and actually had about two bowel movements of white stool. Ever since then I've had several moments of very minor pain or pretty strong "discomfort", lasts about 15 minutes, and goes away. Usually it will happen for a couple of days before vanishing for a couple of weeks. So, I've had about three or four total times this has played out. I also can have the almost-forgotten super-foul gas, and many yellow stools.

Went in about three weeks ago to get a CBC and liver test at my onc's, just to test things after Sprycel. I am seeing him in two weeks for a three-month post-Sprycel followup.

Any idea of Sprycel could cause an increase in pains? Sludge buildup in the liver down the bile duct? Narrowing of bile duct? If I hadn't had the gallbladder problems before, I would have chocked this up to the gas everyone talks about on Sprycel, but all things considered I don't think that's the only issue.

Thanks.

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

I had previously suggesting having your pancreas checked because of the light colored stool.   You did not mention whether you did.

http://community.lls...e/171125#171125

#3 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

Thanks Trey, I don't know how but I didn't see that. Just called my onc's office to see if they'll order me those labs. Thanks.

#4 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

Just as an update, I called the nurse, who talked to the doc. She called back and said I need to come in for a follow up. I'm actually scheduled to go in on the 27th, and it's not bad enough that I think I need to rush in. So, I'll just go in as planned and see what we figure out.

Any reason to think sprycel could cause narrowing of the bile duct?

#5 mdszj

mdszj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

Hi Taylor

I am going in for some tests in a couple weeks - they recently found a possible narrowing of the bile duct in an MRI I had recently.  Apparently the MRI was not very clear on this.  I take 100 mg Sprycel and was also wondering about its effect on it.  Did you have some tests done that show that you have a narrowed bile duct?

dx cml 7/2012; 100 mg sprycel; splenectomy 9/2012; reached prcu 10/2013; dx smoldering myeloma 1/2015; 80 mg sprycel 12/2015; 50 mg sprycel 7/13/16; discontinued sprycel 11/15/16

#6 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

Haven't had any detailed tests yet, as I ended up going in on Friday to see my doc. We talked about my symptoms, which include bad acid reflux. He referred me to a gastroenterologist and maybe I'll get scoped. We'll see what the other doc says.

We drew for CBC (all fine). We also drew for liver enzymes, LDH (to see if any tissues are damaged), and I asked if, since the lady in the lab drew four vials, if we could do my thyroid too. We also drew for my 6 month PCR test. I forgot about it being Friday at 3PM so hopefully they process it fine and it comes back as negative.

#7 jmoorhou

jmoorhou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationOutside of San Francisco

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

I've got a pain in my gallbladder also after three months on Gleevec, I just assumed some extra white blood cells got there, it's only bad when I've gone too long without eating..

Diagnosed 3/2014 WBC 28 Non detectable within 3 monthsGleevec 400 mg 5/2014 one hour after dinner really improves nausea300 mg 12/15/2016200 mg and 300 mg Gleevec 2/25/2017 (after 3 years on Gleevec) For last four months taking 300 mg per day. Last CMC showed liver enzymes elevated, went to a good Naturopath and he recommended 4 Tumeric, 10,000 mg Vitamen D, and 3 milk thistle (silymarin) daily. Also use One<p>Day Detox Dandeloin tea, and Nettle Tea and a slice of ginger every day...in two months liver tests were below normal.Janis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users