• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mark1963

mark1963

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

my rbc has been about 3.6 an my hematocrit has been 36 with slightly high mcv and mch on my last 4 quarterly cbc tests. I am 4.5 years on gleevec 400mg. my onc hasn't mentioned it. I just signed up for an online portal and am a little irritated. that he hasn't mentioned it or an intermittent low glomerular filtration rate. is this anything to be concerned about? I was anemic for most of the first 2 years is this just an ongoing thing with anemia? everything else is relatively normal and I feel good enough to workout  20-25 minutes before work daily

the low kidney thing has me really thinking about firing this doc and finding a new one.

thanks

Mark

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

It took about 6 years for me to get out of the low RBC & HCT rut.  So you are not alone. 

#3 mark1963

mark1963

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:19 AM

thanks Trey. hate seeing those L's and H's in the abnormal column.

mark

#4 Sneezy12

Sneezy12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:21 AM

+The Serum Creatinine is more sensitive than the routine estimated GFR done on a Comprehensive Metabolic Profile. The latter decreases with age.  Frank

#5 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

Mark,

I'm just 6 months or so ahead of you and my counts are very similar on 50mg. of Sprycel. I just consider it normal for me at this point of the disease. Neither of my docs are concerned so I don't let it bother me.

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#6 RayT

RayT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSyracuse NY

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

Hi, Mark!  I'm newly diagnosed CML patient, on Gleevec < 3 months now.  I wish I had your numbers!  Mine: RBC= 3.01, HCT= 30.5. The good news is that WBC is 5.3K, down from 45K in January.  The bad news is that the side effects (fatigue, fluid retention, chills) are kicking the @#$% out of me. I share your same frustration about seeing L's and H's!  As a paramedic, I keep having to remind myself to look at "how far" out-of-range those Ls and Hs are.  The fact that you are working out and feeling well leads me to believe that your RBC and HCT values don't pass the "so what" test, as I call it.   When I was in the hospital in January with a HCT=29, I remember worrying about the need for a transfusion and talking about my anemia to the oncology/chemo nurse. She said, "We consider any HCT over 20 to good be good on this unit.  You're fine!"  ...and she was right!

Hang in there!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users