Photo

Do cancer cells strive more in an acidic body?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bayclub

bayclub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

Hi:  I read somewhere that an acidic body produces more cancer cells that an alkaline?  When I tried to speak to my oncologist about improving my immune system through a balanced fruit & vegetable capsule, he would not consider it.  Sadly, one of the ingredients in the fruit capsule, contained grapefruit extract.  Also, since it is not FDA approved, there was no further discussion.  Often wonder why conventional medicine does not consider research into the immune system and for some way to shut down the progression of cancer cells by starving them I am, however, grateful for the discovery of TASIGNA, which slows down the progression of this disease. Also wish that these specialty drugs weren't so expensive and more accessible.  Hopefully, in the very near future there will be an actual "cure" for all blood cancer(s).

#2 Frogiegirl

Frogiegirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

Hi bayclub ! I too have often wondered that same thing! I asked my onc if I should start drinking alkalized water and she laughed at me! I then asked if I could take a hair and nail vitamin because Tasigna is definitely thinning my hair and they said no. I started juicing 5 pounds of carrots with some kale a day. I figured good nutrition cant hurt. and apparently something worked, whether it was just the TKI or a combination of diet and TKI? (13 weeks I was CCR) I really wish doctors received training in both nutrition and medicine. I personally think they go hand in hand. I have heard about cancer cells not being able to live in an acidic body, so I asked a holistic healer how I could bring my acidity down. She told me to get a bag of coarse salt used for water softners and add six cups to a hot bath and soak for 15-20 minutes the shower. It really takes it out of you so its best to do it before bed. Supposedly it pulls toxins out of you?? At this point I will try anything to get healthy I too think our TKI's are way to pricey but I am glad however Novartis invested in the research for developing them, and there are so few of us being diagnosed with CML that they need to re-coop some of there money I just try to look at it a little differently, otherwise I get pissed 

Diagnosed Oct 2013 Started 600mg of Tasigna  on Nov 4th. Lowered dose a few months later to 300mg due to side affects stayed here declining PCR until March 2015 small jump from 0.0072 to 0.0083 scarred my doc into full dose of Tasigna again 600mg(been miserable since) but reached PCRU 06/15/2015(next test) and have been there ever since. Hoping to have another little one. I have the support of my doc to go off anytime, just scared to jump. might go two years PCRU but he said it wont make much of a difference. I just figured I could possibly go into a trial while preggers if I got the two years behind me.

Nov 8th 2017 went off Tasigna

Dec 1st PCRU off TKI

Jan 5th PCR Detected .0625

Feb 1st PCR Detected .7815

Added 8-6 grams Curcumin daily in Feb

March 3rd PCR Detected 3.2646 YIKES!

stopped trying for baby after February reading. will start new TKI march 16th 2017 (Sprycel)

FYI I'm not done trying for my last little one.

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

Although it is a good idea to eat well, there is no way to make your "body" significantly more or less acidic.  The blood continually re-balances the Ph level to 7.4.  Your alimentary canal may be more or less acidic, but not your blood.  The exception might be if you breathe less and raise the CO2 in the blood to raise acidity.  But that would do more harm than good.

#4 0vercast

0vercast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

Excellent answer. The body has many control mechanisms to keep the blood in hemostasis in a range of 7.35 - 7.45.

#5 bayclub

bayclub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

Just curious.  Wouldn't  the type of "food" intake have some kind of impact on our body's chemistry?  I also thought "cancer" cells thrive on a more acidic environment

#6 bayclub

bayclub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

It is really interesting that conventional medicine does not research the dietary aspect of their patients?  I do know that there isn't a meeting of the minds between homeopathic and conventional medicine?  Because the vitamins/minerals/etc. industry is not FDA approved, many doctors will not advise their patients. Just eat a balance diet  I am just trying to keep ahead of the side effects of TASIGNA but I am greatly appreciative of their research.  In this country, the citizens should not have to worry about the high cost of these specialized meds or the fear of a shortage.  I keep on praying one day there will be a cure for all

#7 Sneezy12

Sneezy12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

See Trey's note above. Regards, Frank

#8 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

Of course food intake has an impact on health.  But chemistry and acidity are different issues.  If you deprive the body of calcium or whatever, then it will not have enough for optimal wellness.  But you cannot make your blood "acidic".  It will be 7.4 no matter what you eat, whether a salad or Xxtra Hot n' Spicy Flame-Thrower Anus Burning Cheetos.  Eating well is a great idea and highly encouraged, and taking vitamins is also a good idea.  But people who say that "acidic blood" (hint: there is no such thing) encourages cancer or other diseases do not understand chemistry, the body, the blood, acidity, and many other things.  If acidic blood was the cause, then Tums would be the cure.  There are checks and balances which keep the body in an equilibrium.  Eat well, it's a good thing.  Think well, it's also a good thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users