So, looks like Sprycel comes tomorrow. I think I'll take my last Tasigna tomorrow, then wait until Saturday (to give my system some flush + not compound wisdom teeth pain). I know there is a ton of info on this board, but it's almost overwhelming to look through. I was hoping I could just ask a few here.
1) I'll go back to see my onc in three months. Do I need to do any special EKG testing or liver testing before then?
2) Related, I was always so worried about Tasigna's QT/heart problems, even though my QT was fine (even if I did get some heart side effects). It looks like Sprycel isn't as bothersome in the regard to the heart, is that right?
3) Sprycel has a half life of something like 3-5 hours. Does that mean side effects are potentially less than 600mg Tasigna daily, or is Sprycel just that much more potent?
4) Any way to predict Sprycel side effects based on those that I had from Tasigna?
5) Related, I responded well to Tasigna (PCRU in 7 mos), and eventually adapted to most of the side effects. Is that any indicator of how I'll do with Sprycel, in regards to adapting?
I think that's all the questions I have now...I'm sure I'll have some freak out moments before I take the first pill and will probably have loads of questions. I figure I'll take mine at dinner or before bed so that the hardest impact of fresh drugs into my system will happen while I'm asleep. I gotta say, I am excited to eliminate that fasting window that Tasigna had...
Thank you all