#21 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

Cheetos, like women, get better with age.  Especially when pulled out from under the cushions......maybe you can take an analogy too far.....or not.

#22 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

Cheetos and cheeze its are always 2 things I stock up on if a storms a comin, of course wine too. We have another storm coming, stocked up today..

#23 SunNsand

SunNsand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

Trey, do you think older patients should have heart monitoring? If so, what tests and how often?

P.S. What age is "older"? lol

#24 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

It's not that I like Cheetos so much as that Iove the Tiger on the ads. Yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' with it!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#25 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

Nice try.  I'm still embarrassed for you. 

#26 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

Every older person, CML or not, should have heart "monitoring".  Especially those who eat too many Cheetos.  I do not know what special monitoring would be useful for anyone with CML.  Overall I am not concerned about this issue.  I am more concerned about those who would eat Cheetos with wine and spoil the taste of the Cheetos.

#27 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

I'm very concerned that anyone would drink wine with Cheetos. I'm sure that Marnie would tell you that Cheetos go best with a nice cold Moose Drool, or was that Buffalo?

Pat

Pat

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#28 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

Ewwww!  I just lost my taste for Cheetos.

#29 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

Thanks ever so much for reminding me of the great visual that Trey provided awhile back.  Moose entertaining himself with a buffalo iron cutout.  Or was it the other way around. . .

#30 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Never fear, Teds, Moose Drool really is a pretty tasty brown ale with a not very tasty name.

Moose Drool.png

Pat

#31 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

We dont have Cheetos here, but we have something similar:

http://www.olw.se/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/cheez_cruncherz_250gr__Jpg150dpi-195x330.png

Maybe we should start a CML Cheetos and Wine/Beer club

Nah, probably a bad idea............

#32 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

How we segued from 'life saving cancer drugs causes heart disease' to Cheetos is beyond me! However, since we are talking about it...my favorite junk food combo when I was in college was Doritos (the original) and M&Ms. Don't knock it until you try it. I couldn't afford Moose Drool at the time so they were probably accompanied by a very young Old Milwaukee.

Now that I think about it the flow into junk food probably isn't so far removed from heart disease....

Pat

Pat

#33 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

I was at the grocery store yesterday and counted 5 varieties of Cheetos brand items.  There is now an "Xxtra Flamin' Hot" version (yes, spelled with 2 x's).  Probably looks the same entering and leaving the body.  Just sayin'

By the way, HB, the mascot is a Cheetah, not a Tiger.  Make sense????

#34 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

I think she got her Cheetos mixed up with her corn flakes. . .or is that Frosted Flakes?

#35 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Cheetos mascot is named Chester, not HB, and it does make perfect sense. Duh, on me. Nah, Marnie, Tony is a classic, I could never confuse the two. I was obviously having a Sprycel induced brain fart, not to be confused with a Gleevec induced shart. Which brings us to a whole 'nother level in this discussion post.

Pat

#36 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

Quote: "By the way, HB, the mascot is a Cheetah, not a Tiger."

Hello.....YOU are HB, as in Hannibellemo.  That's zero for two in this post.  One more strike and you're outta here.  But you can be our mascot if you wish.  I'm thinking leopard skin or something.....with a bag of Cheetos with the moose with the buffalo and.....never mind.

#37 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

When I see or read HB, I automatically think Honey Bear, because that's what my kids called the container our honey came in, it was shaped like a...oh never mind. I wasted a lot of time googling HB, Cheetos, Chester, etc. I did discover one interesting fact, Chester has his own twitter account. In case anyone is interested you can reach him @ChesterCheetah.  That was a disturbing factoid to me, a cartoon animal who tells people who are interested about what is going on in his life. Then I started thinking maybe there are people who are really interested!

Which made me think about the people who comment on events in cartoons like the characters are real people....which somehow got me to thinking about reality TV...

So true...

But then again, I have BIFs so who am I to judge. I think Im going back to bed and pull the covers over my head and stay there for awhile.

Pat

Pat

#38 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Hi:  I finally got on here to see how everyone is doing, and enjoyed all the responses.  Rather than stress out on if our TKI is going to give us heart disease, was glad to see some fun comments.  Heart disease runs in my family, and I am the biggest offender of not eating right.  I laughed about the Dorito's and M&M's.  When we first got married, and we used to play cards with our neighbors, our favorite thing was Frito's with M&M's and wine.  When our friends came up from Florida to Visit last time, I put a little bag of Fritos and M&M's on their pillow in  my guest room, instead of the mint you get in some hotels.  It was 43 years later, and we still enjoyed that snack.

We have to live our life and enjoy whatever time we have.  Nobody is promised a tomorrow no matter what they are dealing with.

Still so busy taking care of my mother, and have not had a minute to myself since November.

Bringing her home from the Nursing Home on March 10th to live out her final days in her own bed with a Live-In Caregiver.

Love To Everyone

Susan

#39 0vercast

0vercast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

Great find, Lucky.

C'mon, did anybody really think it was completely healthy to take a powerful cancer drug every day for the rest of our lives?

#40 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

We don't have Cheetos in the UK, and anyway they sound far too healthy for me.  Can I have pork scratchings instead?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users