Photo

Question : Anyone has experience sudden surge of palette count to 435 after taking Gleevec for 3 yrs ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

Dear friends,

My platelet count increase from 300 to 435 in 3 months time when I lower my Gleevec from 400 to 200 - 300 mg / day. My PCR test was CMR last 6 months, but I do not know now, however today after check up of CBC my platelet increase to 435 from 300, 3months ago. Wondering if this is a sign of my lowering of my medication or the CML is restarting to pop up again.,,,?

Wondering if this is dangerous ?

Please help to answer if anyone has the same fluctuation of palette count over 435 when in CMR, and is normal..

My WBC is 5.1 (normal) and RBC is 12.1 ( slightly low)

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

Hi, valiantchong,

Considering that you've lowered your dosage and you've had a jump in your platelets it certainly seems to me that you would want a CBC recheck to see if there was a lab error. (Was 12.1 really your RBC? It seems to be more likely it was your hemoglobin.) More importantly, I would want to know what my PCR shows if the new test comes back with the same or higher results That would be a better indicator as to whether the lowered dosage is working for you or not,

Good luck!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

It is probably OK.  Platelets can fluctuate a lot.  But you may want to do CBCs more frequently for a while just to be sure.

#4 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

Thank you for your reply, FYI my RBC has been lower than normal since I took Gleevec it actually went up from 10 to 12,1 after I reduced my dosage from 400 to 300 then to 200,

I keep my finger cross and to do my PCR next 2 days...hopefully it be still 0....

#5 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Thank you for your reply.... Merry Xmass My friends.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users