hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

AlexaMay,

I referred to that as my "blast furnace" side effect! When you mentioned upper arms I knew exactly what you were talking about. My face had a wind burned feeling and my upper arms and upper thighs got that hot, flushed feeling. My face would look red but my arms and legs never looked different. I had this for the first month or so and then it diminished. The arms and legs side effects were usually at night (along with the trembling that got less and less as time went on). Weird, huh?

I developed a rash on my face while on vacation. I think it's a reaction to the new facial moiturizer I just knew I had to try - dumb! I've been using Oil of Olay for sensitive skin with SPF15 for years - no problem! My face felt a little sun burned (which it could have been) but mostly it felt like it had little bumps when I would wash it and it was slightly red. Could be Sprycel but I doubt it.

One thing I have noticed is that I don't seem to tan any more. I have olive skin and I would get quite dark when I was younger. The melatonin(?) in my arms, especially, looks really splotchy. I do think that is from the Sprycel. The bumps are less noticiable to the touch so I hope it's clearing up.

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#22 alexamay09

alexamay09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

I hope so too Pat. We just have to contend with this stuff all the time don't we?

Alex

Xx

#23 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

Congratulations Pat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users