• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

I took my lunch dose of my Tasigna yesterday in the kitchen.  Well when it came time to take my 11:00 pm dose I could not find the package.  We looked all over this house and could not find it.  I opened another box and start taking it, but I will be four days short.  Have anyone else experienced this,

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hi mariebow,

I haven't lost meds - but I have misplaced my watch somewhere in the house about a month ago, I took it off as I was going to clean the bathrooms. Haven't seen it since and I've searched all the places I can think of. If I find it, it will probably be in the last place I look.

#3 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

My husband went outside looked in the trash,  I know absent mindly I have thrown things in the trash, but looked there.

#4 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

I checked the trash as well, darned if I know where that watch has gone. I didn't notice I'd misplaced until the following night.

#5 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:51 PM

I had also started noticing that I was forgetting things like names and words recently. I thought I had escaped the Gleevec fog until then.

#6 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

Don't you just hate it when that happens?! I think I accused everyone in the house of taking my favorite earbuds before I finally found them in my robe pocket. I wear it every day, how I missed them for two weeks is beyond me!

.Ok, I'm going to play Ms. Obvious now; did you look in the fridge, especially the bins, the pantry, cupboards, under the sink, stove and fridge? Finally, don't forget your robe pockets!

Good luck!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#7 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

I lost my keys to school and finally found them in my raincoat pocket the next time it rained. . .3 months later.  I doubt if your pills are there, though.  I hope they turn up.  Good luck.

Marnie

#8 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

Still looking  Hannibello, not yet so frustrated, as expensive as those four days worth is,

#9 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

Thanks Marnie, I looked into the dress pockets I had on that day,wow here is to hopeing.

#10 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hi Marie: Hope you find your pills.  Nobody can afford to lose these expensive pills.  I feel like I would lose my head sometimes if it was not attached, but I blame it on my Gleevec Brain Fog.  I am glad to see I am not the only one with this issue.

Sometimes I think its just brain overload.  We have so much on our minds all the time just with our normal stress of life that we forget what we did or where we put something.

When I cannot find something, I try to retrace my steps of where I was last with the item.  Good Luck

Susan

#11 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

Thanks Susan

#12 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hi Marie,

I haven't lost my meds yet, I use the weekly container, I can't tell you how many times I lost my coffee pot, I don't do mornings at all. I've found it in my fridge, my cupboard where I keep the pots and pans,my linen cupboard, one time I put it on my stovetop, I have a mr coffee. I think thats the one that took me the longest to find. One time I lost our car keys with the remote, we looked a whole day, called everywhere we had been, I finally went to start supper and there they were hanging with my oven mitts. That's when Ron really started to worry about me. Good Luck finding them.           Billie

#13 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

That is where I lost it from the weekly cardboard pushout,  Never lost it before hope I do not lose it again, do not want to miss my dosage.

#14 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

Guess what everyone, I found my package of tasigna it was a five day supply instead of four.  And get this it was on my nightstand.  Now mind you I had already looked on my night stand several times, I thought one of my family members found it and put it back but I asked them and they said no.  I prayed about it and I do not understand it being on my nightstand under a cleaning rag, well God is good.  Thanks everyone for commenting.

#15 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

It's lovely that you found it.

#16 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

Hi Marie,

I've been thinking about you all day, I have the stack type washer&dryer, I went to put a load of laundry in and I happened to look up and there was a glass breadpan on top of my dryer. I can barely reach that high, I'll never figure out how it got up there, I keep my breadpans in my kitchen cupboards which is about 2 rooms away. So don't get upset about losing something again, I guarantee it's around somewhere.    Billie

#17 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Billie you sure that was not an elf that put that there.lol  I found my meds and I still do  not know what happened,I looked on my nightstand several times, and no one said that they put it on the nightstand, so I do believe in miracles. thanks for thinking about an old lady.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users