• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mike43147

mike43147

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

Has anybody else stopped taking Iclusig since the FDA pulled it? 

I stopped taking Iclusig this week and started Bosulif (Bosutinib).  Doctor did not like the risk even though I had reached undetectable while on Iclusig.  All I can hope for is to remain undetectable with this drug.

Mike

#2 TeddyB

TeddyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

Did you have the T315 or any other hard to treat mutation? (They would probably tell you if you had) If not, i dont see a problem with changing to Bosutinib.

Teddy

Edit: I see from an earlier thread you had the F317L mutation, from some older data ive read it seems nilotinib is effective against this mutation, not sure about Bosutinib, maybe Trey can give you some advice on this.

#3 woodworker

woodworker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:49 AM

I stopped taking Ponatinib 2 weeks ago because of the new FDA release. I have been on Gleevec(severe bone pain), switched to Sprycel(was not responding) then to Ponatinib(risk did not out weigh reward even though I was responding well, no mutations) so now I am on to Bosutinib.

#4 mike43147

mike43147

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

TeddyB,

Yes I know about Tasigna working on the F317L mutation, I believe some of that data came from my results.  After 3 years on Tasigna I started loosing response that's why I was switched to Iclusig, which worked very good.  Reached undetectable.  Because the F317L mutation is rare there is not much data with Bosutinib, not sure there is any data.  When I started taking Tasigna there wasn't much data either.  I always hope some very smart person will find a cure for CML so we can stop taking these very expense medicines.

Mike

#5 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Loren,

It would be interesting to hear more of your story, such as how you fared on the various drugs, levels of response achieved, etc.  Welcome to the group. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users