#1 alexamay09

alexamay09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:53 AM

Hi everyone.

In the past 2 weeks I have had allergic reactions to some mystery thing. Reaction 1 was after eating cranberry. I turned puce and very hot and my heart raced. My ecg showed regular heart rate, though high. It passed and they told me to take anti histimine. I take one every day already. Yesterday after eating rye bread I turned red and hot, then mottled then white and faint. In between times i have experienced episodes of skin flushing and increased heart rate. These are different from the tamoxifen related flushes ive had for years. Went to doc yesterday who said it is likely that it is something interacting with my drug regime. I take sprycel and tamoxifen and supplements. I am fairly certain it isnt a food allergy.  I had rye bread an hour ago and no reaction. No one seems concerned. My haematologist said it was highly unlikely to be a reaction to sprycel at this point. No one feels it is of concern which is great, but the episodes are frightening and unpleasant. Any similar experiences?

Alex

#2 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

Alex,

Are you taking niacin in your supplements?  That can cause flushing in some people. My ex-BIL would turn beet red in about 5 min, had hot flash, etc. You can buy extended-release niacin to prevent it.

Does rye bread have higher niacin than white bread?  Might have been enough with the supplements to tip you over the edge.

HTH,

Traci

#3 alexamay09

alexamay09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hi Traci. Dont take niacin though maybe some of my supplements do contain some. I  have been taking milk thistle and some days spirulina. Also turmeric some days. I guess i will have to trial and error. Wonder if its the spirulina? Thanks for pointing that out.

Alex

#4 August1

August1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear you're going through this. How long have you been on Sprycel? I definitely get some killer hot flashes in my face and neck from time to time. Like you mentioned it varies. So one day I'll flush after eating or drinking something and then another time I'm fine. It's manageable for me to I've chalked it up to the new normal on Sprycel.

Best,

Bill

#5 alexamay09

alexamay09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hi Bill

I am sure now that it is a sprycel thing as there's no pattern to it. Been on sprycel since February this year. Thanks for your input.

Alex

X

#6 starlago

starlago

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Alex...yes have neck and face flush at least two or three times a day.  Face is hot to touch.  On sprycel since 2/10.Similar to a hot flash, but different.

#7 alexamay09

alexamay09

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

Yes Starlago - exactly, I've been having 'tamoxifen' related hot flushes for years and this is different.  Thanks.   Alex

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users