• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 djm

djm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

I have been offered a job with another company. I now have to go for a physical, drug screen, and hearing test. I had hoped to not have to mention my Leukemia, but now I'm almost certain I will have to now due to the physical.

Does anyone know what will happen next? Will my premiums through their insurance go up? Any thoughts as to how much? Double, triple, worse?

Or should I risk not mentioning it at all. I really don't want that cloud over me...

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

The only thing you can't do is lie during the physical; that could get you fired later. So, if you are asked if you have cancer or if you have to fill out a form that asks if you have cancer you have to say yes. Otherwise, I see no reason to mention your CML. If it's a group policy I don't believe they can raise an individual premium.

I've never had to get a physical for a job so I'm not sure how involved it is. Perhaps someone else can weigh in on that.

Good luck, djm,

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 djm

djm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

Was able to find my answer.

HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users