Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Ariad's new drug is having problems:

http://stream.wsj.co...99/SS-2-358172/

This could be serious. I might point out that the other TKI's are not immune to this phenomenon (i.e. hardening of the arteries).

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#2 NotJack?

NotJack?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

As you said, Tasigna has this potential problem as well.  I asked for, and received, a lipid profile and an ABI at my last visit.  I had requested this at my previous visit, but the study that I cited from Ireland to justify the test was considered flawed after a thorough read by my NP and oncologist.  In the intervening 6 mo. there must have been further studies indicating stenosis, because my onc recommended the test before I could demand it.  It is a cheap test, and when done by an experienced pro, it can indicate everything from hardening of the arteries, occlusions before cardiac events, where the problem is in the body, and also the state of venous or return vessels.  Whether or not you have a problem now, the baseline is helpful to determine the future problem if it occurs.  This test is considered a morbidity test by some doctors, catching potential cardiac events before they occur, and dealing with them early with aspirin, beta blockers,etc.  I have encouraged all of my friends to demand this test.  If there is an indication, meds can deal with the problem before a damaging or fatal cardiac event happens. The test  involves blood pressure  cuffs on legs & arms, (Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI), and puts them together in a ratio.  Arms = Denominator, Legs = Numerator.  The test also has you do a light walk on a treadmill, and tests how quickly your BP returns to normal.  A sonogram is used to amplify the signal for accuracy in finding the systolic pressure. Be sure to go to a radiologist tech that is experienced in these tests, as there is a bit of an art to it.  (My numbers were decent (1), but considered on the low end of normal,  which is between 0.9 and 1.3.  This was done in tandem with a cholesterol test. Jack

http://stanfordmedic...he25/ankle.html

Jack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users