• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Has anyone else seen this?  Apparently, there were a lot of blood clots popping up in patients. I'm not sure what this will mean for those currently taking it. Sounds like they will lower the dose. Just google it, you'll find it.

Traci

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yes I know someone who has been on Ponatinib, and they did very well as far as achieving a PCRU status.  Nothing else worked for her.  Unfortunately, she developed blockages in her leg.  She just underwent extensive surgery to have veins taken from her good leg to repair the left leg.  She is doing great now, and says that she will be put on Tasigna.

She has no idea why they never tried the Tasigna before.  They have had her on everything else, and did not work for her.  I wish her the very best with the Tasigna.

Susan

#3 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Ariad's Nasty Surprise Gives The Sellside Pause For Thought

The shock US FDA hold slapped today on studies of Ariad Pharmaceuticals' (ARIA) leukemia drug Iclusig serves as a timely reminder to sellside analysts of the high risk associated even with advanced projects, let alone those in early development.

http://seekingalpha....l_rt_mc_focus_0

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Iclusig is the only T315i drug currently available, so those who have T315i need it.  Some others who fail all other drugs also need it.  Anyone else should try Tasigna and Sprycel first, and maybe Bosulif also.  It would be a last resort drug based on the trial data.  If I were on Iclusig I would look at lowering the dosage after CCyR.

#5 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

I had not seen this until you posted it, however, I had an appointment with my local onc who was talking with Dr. Letendre at Mayo last week. He said they had been seeing many issues with both Bosulif and Iclusig. My take on this is that Iclusig is still available for those with the T315i mutation and those who have not responded to G, S or T? I don't know what FDA considers an acceptable risk, but I hope Iclusig is still available for them and this article is shutting down, for now, only trials for first line patients.

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users