Photo

Burning in private area and rectum, what caused this?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 MarieC

MarieC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDelaware USA

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

AnnieIL . does that Triamcinolone acetonide ointment the name of the ointment?  or does it have another name.   And what is a protopic, please explain. I went to the gynocologist last week, she gave me some ointment, but it is called  Clotrimazole cream USP 1%. and it has eased up a bit but the other ointment a RX too is called lidocaine Hydrochloride Jelly USP 2%  I don't have a dermotologist near me to ask.  I will call the Gynocologist this afternoon, and ask her if she is familiar with your medication you used

I have used Leesa suggesttion  of the Aquaphor Healing Ointment, and that has helped me also, but how long does this take to go away, I go to the Oncologist next wednesday, and he will restart me on the gleevec again after 2 weeks off, and I am afraid that   the acid in the urine will start all over again and burn me again.

Thank you,  please if you can remember the name of that ointment, so I can mention it to my gynecologist I would appreciate it.

MarieC

#22 AnnieIL

AnnieIL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hi Marie,

Sounds like they have given you good prescriptions for dealing with your issues, both the ones I suggested were ointments. But, the Lidocaine should help with the pain. I think you currently have the best medications needed to treat your symptoms. Sometimes steroids are given for inflammation since TKI's  cause flares all over the body. I hope you feel relief soon.

#23 MarieC

MarieC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDelaware USA

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

AnnieIL, I was at the Gynocologist this afternoon, and showed her your letter about using Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream, USP, 0.025% is what she prescribed.  Is that similar to what you used?   she said she would have no problem giving me that Presc. And to try it for 2 days and let her know how it goes.

The Clorotrimazole is also a cream.   the Lidocain, is a gel,  great for the pain of burning when needed.   I do not think after a week of using the Clorotrimazole  that it should still be red and burning,  So I am giving your Triamcinolone a try.  It is a drying cream, and since it is in the groin area to be careful where to put the cream.  You did Annie, have the burning and irritation in the private area right?   And being on this forum, you also are a CML person, is that correct?  I just want to know if you can tell me, how long did it take you to get rid of this problem. I am anxious because, next week the oncologist may put  be back on the gleevec pill, and I want to at least not have to worry about this burning.

Thank for you help and info.  I look forward to your answer about how long it took you to heal,

Thanks

Marie

#24 AnnieIL

AnnieIL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hi Marie,

I was diagnosed May 1 with CML and started Sprycel on May 22. In August I had the skin irritation and it lasted at least 3 weeks until my body adjusted. But during that time I was still taking Sprycel every day. Maybe you could try another TKI that would not cause irritation down below. Lidocaine is the best for numbing the area. I would be happy to share more of my story and you can email me at ilserendipity@hotmail.com

I hope things improve for you. I think the worse is over and hopefully with all the ointments, lotions and gels you will feeling better soon. If you have pain during urination there is Pyridium that is helpful in providing pain relief when urinating here is the info you can look into it http://www.rxlist.co...ridium-drug.htm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users