2 replies to this topic

#1 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

I've recently started dieting and I walk almost every day.  To give my diet plan a little boost, I decided to try a "green coffee bean" supplement that is supposed to help burn fat.  I know, I know, wishful thinking, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  I was only on it for 3 days.  Several times I felt faint, I was nauseous most of the time, my hand cramps got much worse, my equilibrium was off, and at times felt cold and sweaty.  Made me wonder if the supplement was increasing the efficacy of my gleevec.  Or it could have just been a bad reaction.  So I'll stick to losing weight the old fashioned way.  Just thought I'd pass this along.

Rissa

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hi Rissa:  I never tryed the Green Coffee Bean, but have seen it advertised along with so many other things.  You said it, Old Fashioned Way to lose weight.  I have struggled for a long time with weight, and I still do not want to try any of these new ideas they come out with.  I did gain it real fast with the Gleevec, once I got over the nausea in the beginning.

Then I had no problem with appetite etc.  A lot of these diets , even Weight Watchers which is considered one of the best is great as long as you can live with it for life.  I lost weight everytime I went to Weight Watchers, but whenever I went off it, I gained back my weight and plus some.

I think its all a matter of getting your mind in the right place to do it, or nothing works.

Good Luck with whatever you do.

Susan

#3 Rissa

Rissa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

Thank you Susan.  I'll find out at my next appt. if I've lost any weight.  Not using the scale at home.  My pants do feel a little looser though! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users