• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LLawrence

LLawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Does anyone have any good fatigue busters?  My energy levels are substantially lower than pre-treatment with about 2 good days a week, 2 lousy days a week and 3 fair days.  I'm eating a very good diet (lots of fresh fruits and veggies, little processed foods), doing light exercise daily and getting 8+ hours of sleep most nights.  I'm working full time (and would like to continue to do so) but am having to seriously POUND some caffeine on my rough days just to move.  Suggestions?

Leesa

#2 Teresabourgeois

Teresabourgeois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Feel your pain sister :)!  Not sure how old you are? After about a year on treatment I felt horrible.  I finally had someone suggest that my Vit. D be checked.  Sure enough it was low.  Its not a normal lab so ask for it to be done.  It made a world of difference for me.  Also, drinking a lot of water helps. 

#3 LLawrence

LLawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

I'm 53, overall in good health except for the CML, responding well to the Tasigna (hallelujah).  Began with Gleevec but the body aches (bone/joint/muscle) were awful.  On Tasigna the fatigue is slightly better (I have good energy days now, did not on Gleevec), body aches much better (not gone).  Vit d level....normal.  I drink a fair amount of water but will try increasing that.

#4 IGotCML

IGotCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationDallas / Fort Worth, TX

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

I am a 44 y/o male, diagnosed with CML in December and am also having problems with post-treatment energy levels.  I am also taking Tasigna as my treatment.  I was very physically active prior to CML, but the CML caused me to be anemic for 4 months, so my activity dropped significantly and I am gradually increasing my activity.  My biggest problem has been daily fatigue and overall pace of life, even though I have a low energy desk job.

I climbed stairs at work daily prior to CML and that was one of the first things to accomplish after I started taking the Tasigna.  That helped a lot with increasing my overall energy level.  I stretch 3 times a week, but during my initial recovery, I began stretching daily.  Both of those activities helped me increase my energy level within a short time frame.

My main issue with fatigue has been a noticeable decrease in sleep since I got CML.  I find it interesting that you are able to get 8+ hours of sleep.  I never had problems with insufficient sleep until I got CML and I have not had 7 hours of sleep since November, even on those nights I am very tired.  Some nights, I only get 5 hours of sleep, which really wears me out the next day.  Prior to CML, I could easily get 7+ hours of sleep.  I don't know how much is from being anemic for 4 months and how much is from Tasigna.

#5 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hi Leesa,

If you don't start feeling better, it wouldn't hurt to ask your onc to check your iron and ferritin levels. I'm having a terrible time with anemia and low iron. I just finished up 4 treatments of iron infusions, I'm waiting for them to kick in. I think cml and all the tkis cause fatigue. Some of the members deal with it a lot better than others. I look at my treadmill every time I walk by it, no help, the only exercise I get on it is when I dust it! Good Luck Billie

#6 LLawrence

LLawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

Thanks, Billie.  I'll check into the iron and ferritin levels.  I'm trying to do everything I can to maximize my energy levels before I cut my work hours.

LL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users