• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Badger

Badger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

I've been dealing with severe acid reflux symptoms since going to a full dose of Tasigna. Any suggestions how to deal with this (don't tell me to drink apple cider vinegar please).

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

HI:  I missed your posting, and I just sent one of my own regarding the acid reflux.  I know the Gleevec can cause severe acid reflux, and now I have developed some other troublesome conditions.  I am supposed to do a diet of no sauce, spices, coffee, or caffeine.  I was also given Carafate which is a liquid to take 4 times a day to coat the stomach.

I finally went for a EGD, and they found all kinds of stuff.  If you have it really bad, see a Gastroenterologist.

Are you on anything for the GERD.  I have been on Nexium for a very long time, and it has done its job.  I think I might need to increase my dose though.

#3 Badger

Badger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

The problem is, there doesn't seem to be anything I can take that doesn't interact with Tasigna. Interesting that you've been taking Nexium with Gleevec without issues. I've seen a number of studies recently that show a negative interaction with these. When I was on Gleevec I took Nexium and, then later, Pantoprozole, and my pcr immediately went south (lost about 2 log).

#4 0vercast

0vercast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

I cannot offer any specific advice, but I'm curious: What time of day are you taking it? Have you experimented with different times of day, and with food vs. without food?

#5 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

There is no choice with Tasigna; you have to take it without food. No food for 2 hours before and 1 hour after (or vice versa, I can never keep that straight).

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#6 susanlathers

susanlathers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

Oh I know what you mean.  My oncologist gave me Famotidine.  It can be taken 2X day.  I usually if I take it when I get up in am and 1 hr before eating dinner, but sometimes I can get away with just the morning dose or just the before dinner.  If I have forgoten to take it, I have even taken it after my dinner. Both those doses miss the Tasigna dose.  You need to take it as far away from the Tasigna as possible as they say it interefers with the absorbtion of some other drugs, Tasigna being one of them.   It definetly works. This pill balancing act along with food restrictions really compicates life, but then, so does death.

Dont give up an settle for reflux, 1 - it does damage that you don't want to go thro and 2 - you don't have to.

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users