• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WoofWoof

WoofWoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

I started Bosulif two several weeks ago and immediately my hair started getting curly! Now I do have a full head of wavy hair but this was amazingly curls.

Fast forward to this week and I am now off of the Bosulif (again a rash problem) and already my hair is less curly. I asked my Onc. & she says it's not uncommon and she has seen a number of people whose hair has changed color and losing the grey.

I have cancer but it doesn't have me

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Hi: I have always had very straight hair, but now since I am on Gleevec I have gotten tight curly hair on one side of my head. Sometimes its a tight curl, and other times its looser. These TKI drugs can cause this.  I have heard of some losing their Gray hair also.

#3 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

That is something about way the tki with you and Susan61 hair,  I have noticed that my nails grow so quickly and I have always had slow growing finger nails,   It makes you wonder what are the tki's can do to our bodies in the long run.

#4 punawai

punawai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

RE:  CURLS

Aloha WoofWoof...this is my first reply ever on the LLS site...your message hit a happy thought in me so I was encouraged to give my two cents...thank you for being candid about your personal observations of your body...i admire your courage for sharing it...can I share with you what happened to me?.I noticed the texture of my hair changed dramatically since my medication was switched to Iclusig or ponatinib.  I  thought it was due to age-ing, hair-coloring, inconsistent hair maintenance, the weather!!!  I observed from my forehead to the middle of my head my hair sticks straight up...from the middle of my head to my neck my hair hangs limply straight down....my daughters call it my cock-a-doodle-doo hairthere..needless to say it was a disturbing image for me at first but then with the loving humor from my precious daughters I am wearing more hats and scares...Praise God I have hair...still dealing with my disease and this was the first side effect that I could laugh at..i am still working through other side effects but at this time I am now working on my dry skin fall out....where ever I tend to sit or hover I leave a pile of dry skin from my legs, arms, face, body etal.....my daughters use two brushes to gather up the dessicated epidermis around the house.....they have named the brushes--HANSEL and GRETEL......sigh..I am fearful of my disease...don't want to miss my daughters growing up...my grandchildren...my dear husband....my brother and sister...deep breath...attitude adjustment....ok...hope you can give yourself some nifty attractive hairstyles that cooperates with your hair...Take care....God bless you and yours

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users