Jump to content


Photo

Switching to Tasigna has been a good thing ... so far!


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nathaliece

nathaliece

    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hi all,

After 2 1/2 years on 400 mg Gleevec (and reaching PCRU). The bone pain was significantly increasing in frequency and intensity.  My oncologists would not agree to lower the dosage of Gleevec but did agree to switch me to Tasigna a month ago.  The side effects I am experiencing on the Tasigna are much less.  The bone pain has been negligible and no GI or nausea issues.  The first 10 days or so felt like the flu and then I had a rash and itching which has dissipated.  I wish I had made the change earlier!

Nat



#2 jjg

jjg

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Nice job!

I had a pretty similar response to you, incl. the why didn't I do this earlier. I've been on Tasigna 7 months now and I felt pretty damn fine after 1 month, but I feel even better now. Even at this new improved state I'm still not 100% indicating just how much less than normal I was on gleevec and how well we adapt to feeling that way. Hope you and Tasigna continue to play well together.


Dx Dec 2010 @37

2x IVF egg collection

Glivec 600 & 800mg

PCRU March 2012

Unsuccessful pregnancy attempt - relapsed, 3 months interferon (intron A), bad side effects from interferon

Nilotinib 600mg Oct 2012

PCRU April 2013, 2 years MR4.5 mostly PCRU with a few blips

April 2015 stopped again for pregnancy attempt (donor egg), pregnant first transfer, 0.110 at 10wks, 2.1 at 14wks, 4.2 at 16wks, started interferon, slow dose increase to 25MIU per wk, at full dose PCR< 1 for remainder of pregnancy

Healthy baby girl Jan 2016, breastfed one month

Nilotinib 600mg Feb 2016

MMR May 2016

PCRU Feb 2017


#3 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Hi Nat,

  Thanks for posting that. We're all nervous about changing meds. After I had that pe in March I was taken off Sprycel right away. I thought I was tolerating it well as far as s-e go. I was really nervous about going on a new med. My onc sent me to another onc for a second opinion, they decided to put me back on Sprycel, 50mg, and they are doing a chest x-ray every month my schedule says to get one ev. mo. until July. So I'm really hoping I can stay on Sprycel, but time will tell. If I have to change meds it's really great to hear from you and others who are doing well on a different med. I'm really happy for you.  Billie



#4 nathaliece

nathaliece

    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Billie,

I know you have had some challenges and I hope things improve and stabilize for you.  Enjoy a relaxing holiday weekend!

Nat






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users