• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dee145

dee145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Does anyone else get severe lower back pain?  I had some back pain before diagnosed and they could never find anything wrong so said it was muscular and my wonderful onc. I had before he moved said he thought I had some fibromalagia mixed in with my CML.  My back pain has gotten alot worse and my knees hurt and my hands really cramp up on me and nothing over the counter helps at all and i get this burning sensation across my shoulder blades also.  I have pain pills but its like a short fix for a long problem.  Ostioarthritis runs really high on my moms side...she has it and my aunt really bad so dont know which it is or just the Gleevec side effects over time but I am 55 and feel much older body wise.  Does anyone else have same issue and if so what do you do or take for it?  The back pain is awful!!!!!  I do walk on treadmill now and ride the bike for a little but cant do alot cause my legs give out on me but I am trying.  Please any advice is welcome!!!!!  The back is a killer!!!!!

Thanks, Dee

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hi Dee:  I have severe lower back pain.  They found that I have bad Arthritis from my neck all the way down to my tailbone, and I have Degenerative Disc Disease.  I have very bad Arthritis of my knees, mostly my left one.

See if you can take Advil (Ibuprofen).  I am not allowed to take any type of Ibuoprofen due to my chronic kidney disease.

You can apply hot compresses when you can.  Its good that you can still exercise though.

My Gleevec gives me different type of pain.  I get the bad cramping in my hands and feet.  I can tell the difference between that and the Arthritis.  I had this back pain before I even started the Gleevec. 

I was given some Flexeril for when my pains are real bad, because I get Sciatica.  I only take a pill when its really bad.  Hope this helps you a little bit.  I know how bad it can be.

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users