13 replies to this topic

#1 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

I got my latest PCR results back today.  They came back undetectable!  I can finally say PCRu!  The first one in July was from a different lab.  My insurance wanted to go back to the old lab so these last three tests were back with my previous lab.

I hadn't posted in so long  I had to reset my password.  I forgot my other one.  I hope everyone is doing well.  My husband is about ready to retire from the Army.  We will be moving to Colorado, Denver area.  Hopefully before the year ends.  Hopefully I can go to my new onc in PCRu!

Kim

#2 momruns

momruns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Greetings,

Glad your back, glad your results are good, glad it is finally warming up in NW Pa. 

Loreta

#3 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Glad you got back on again.  Congratulations on your great results.  Hope you like Colorado and the cold weather.

I would Love It.  I have relatives living there who had moved to Florida, and could not stand the heat.  They are back in Colorado again and happy.

Hope you stay with us now that you got back on with us again.

Susan

#4 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

Hi Kim,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you. You're going to have an exciting year, without thinking about our condition all the time. I imagine you have moved around quite a bit, so you're probably pretty excited about living in one place finally. And I hear Denver is beautiful.  Marnie lives in Denver, maybe you two will be able to meet each other. Best wishes Billie

#5 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

Congratulations, Kim, that is wonderful news! Hopefully, it won't snow all the way into July in Denver, like I'm convinced it's going to do here! 13" on May 2, global warming indeed.

Think Spring and congratulations, again!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#6 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Thank you Susan!  I will take the colder weather over the 100+ degree summers of Oklahoma any day!

#7 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Thanks Billie!  We have been pretty fortunate, as the Army goes, and have not had to move around to much.  We have been here in Oklahoma for over 7 years!  My husband did have one deployment to Iraq in that time though.  We were stationed in Colorado Springs before.  Both my girls were born there!

#8 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Thanks hannibellemo!  Like I told Susan I'll take the snow over the 100+ degree summers we have here!

#9 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

Thanks momruns!

#10 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

To be honest, so would I, I hate hot weather. It's just we've had a very long winter this spring!

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#11 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

Kim. . .Welcome to Denver.  You will love it here.  I can recommend an excellent oncologist at RMCC if you are interested.  The snow in Denver is finally gone (hopefully for good!).  The dandelions have come out in full force. 

Marnie

#12 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

Marnie, thank you!  We are all looking forward to Denver!  We have lived in Colorado Springs before for 4 years and loved it. My husband grew up in Loveland.  I would love some recommendations.  I have a good onc here and I hate to leave her!

#13 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

Kim. . .my current oncologist is Robert Jotte.  He is with Rocky Mountain Cancer Center.  He practices at the Mid-Town location and also Parker.  Mid-Town is northeast of the Capitol, so traffic can be bad depending upon time of day.  However, I have heard that the staff at Mid-Town is better than the staff at Parker.  Dr. Jotte has quite a few cml patients.  What I like about him is that he takes the time to get to know you and your situation.  He listens to you and answers questions.  He is open to ideas, although he certainly has his own opinions.  He is not particularly open to reduced dosage because there isn't a whole lot of long-term research out there yet.  However, he may be changing his mind about that as the data comes in.  At my last appt, he mentioned that he will be signing up patients for an upcoming trial on either reduced dosage or stopping meds (can't remember which).  I don't qualify, so he only mentioned it in passing.  But what that said to me, is that he stays up on research.  That's an important quality, I think.  He's youngish (at least younger than me--in his late 30s or early 40s I would guess), so he'll be around for awhile.  I heard about him from a motorcycle buddy's wife, who had CLL.  She was adamant about how great he and the Mid-Town staff were.  Her CLL morphed into Hodgkins Lymphoma and she went through an awful time with a transplant.  Dr. Jotte went to bat for her with the insurance company when she underwent an experimental treatment.  She did not survive the transplant and died from complications, unfortunately. 

Denver is a big place and there are lots of oncologists.  I'm pretty picky. . .Dr. Jotte is my 4th oncologist.  I really like him.  His PA, Sierra is really great.  I annoy her with phone calls all the time, and she always gets back to me.  She is wonderful about calling in prescriptions, and mailing my lab reports to me, if they aren't available at my appointments (they usually are). Anything she mails me has a short handwritten note with it. 

When you get to Denver, if you want to get in touch, send me a PM and I'll give you my e-mail or phone number.  The west side of town is much more expensive than the east side (to buy houses, I mean), but if you like the mountains, you want to be on the west side.  We're in Lakewood, right next to the foothills.  It's a great location. 

Marnie

#14 cleocans

cleocans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

Thank you Marnie for the information.  I wrote it down in my CML notebook so I will not forget or lose it!  I will definitely PM you when we get to Denver!  My husbands sister and her husband live in Lakewood.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users